gorillaz.com :: View topic - Got the music, lost the attitude...
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - Got the music, lost the attitude...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

P O S T S

Tab with a T posted this on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:45 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

I would think that characters like the Gorillaz are always changing...and yeah, about their music becoming more pop-friendly: the record company steps in to just about every band--'cos money makes the world go 'round--but the real test is "can they pull it off, or can't they?" I think they have pulled it off while still retaining some of their non-commercial roots.

Besides, they've still got attitude. It's just in a different form.

Find me hanging around at http://staticfactory.deviantart.com

blueie posted this on Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:48 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

They've gotten more serious.. they've grown up.. their first album is a first album, By that i mean.. they needed to stand out abit and be noticed, now that they are older and more known they can blend in alittle (but not to much).

JeniOctavia posted this on Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:44 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

Change is unavoidable, and whether we wanted them to or not Gorillaz were going to change just as any real band would. Despite thier constant insistance that they're 'sticking it to the corperate music man' so to speak, the point is and always has been since the beginning of the first record label to sell, sell, sell, and the only way to do that is to keep up with the demographic and market.

I think both phases of Gorillaz have thier good and points. My artistic eye is drawn to the more detailed Phase 2 versions of them, while my ear has been more pleased by the sounds of Phase 1 (which I've noticed is quite the opposite to most opinons around here). I'm not entirely sure why, but it took me far longer to get in to the groove of Demon Days than Gorillaz. I love both nearly equally, but for compeltely different reasons.

If I was less drugged and more coherent I'd explain in more detail, but as it is my spelling is already reflecting how badly my brain is suffering under the Benadryl I've taken. I'm going to go pass out underneath my work desk now...

~ Its true/we're all a little insane/but its okay/now that I'm unchained... ~
newbie's sex slave!
Married to MindtheGap!

Kiwihead_92 posted this on Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:59 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

i think omnion means attitude like..........street Attitude need a good Example? Tomorrow comes today video. it was Extremely Street and very graffitiesque. I see what he's saying but it's not that big a deal

JeniOctavia posted this on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:13 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

I think maybe he means that, as well as overall presentation and way they convey themselves to the public. There's many ways to interpret 'attitude' really.

newbie's sex slave!
Married to MindtheGap!

Kiwihead_92 posted this on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:20 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JeniOctavia:
I think maybe he means that, as well as overall presentation and way they convey themselves to the public. There's many ways to interpret 'attitude' really.
true but thats how i would see it. I mean look at the pictures from Phase one and in most of them the colors are virbrant and jumpy (very punk-ish and Street) compared to know where they're more dark and edgy. I like both really

JeniOctavia posted this on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:55 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

Good point, good point. Smile

newbie's sex slave!
Married to MindtheGap!

Kiwihead_92 posted this on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:46 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JeniOctavia:
Good point, good point. Smile
thank you Surprised

Crawleyy posted this on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:27 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Oh... yes, Gorillaz lost something... Confused
Also it seems that Jamie got a little bit "lazy" or "not caring" as much as he used to.

Kiwihead_92 posted this on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:31 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crawleyy:
Oh... yes, Gorillaz lost something... Confused
Also it seems that Jamie got a little bit "lazy" or "not caring" as much as he used to.

I totally disagree. I would like to point out the description for tomorrow comes today it was something along the lines of this video being like putting your toe in the water before u jump in. and also imagine if the gorillaz stayed that way. it wouldn't Mix with their music. which is much more different than the 1st album. I mean......... gorillaz Came back with a message this time. and I think thatthe art work is phenomenal Surprised

Crawleyy posted this on Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:19 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Excuse me, I don't mean music.

Kiwihead_92 posted this on Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:33 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crawleyy:
Excuse me, I don't mean music.
Yeah I got Kinda off track there -nervous chuckle- well i mean the art in my opinion hasn't worsened...... like at all. its More Detailed now and the pictures of the band show their attitude more . but thats your opinion :3