gorillaz.com :: View topic - The New Gorillaz
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - The New Gorillaz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

P O S T S

2-DandMurdoc posted this on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:33 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

The New gorillaz suck...

Still Tokin posted this on Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:59 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by 2-DandMurdoc:
The New gorillaz suck...
yeah just like your face

Zero - G posted this on Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:51 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Still Tokin:
quote:
Originally posted by 2-DandMurdoc:
The New gorillaz suck...
yeah just like your face
haha yess ... agreed

whatsthatsmell? posted this on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:18 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

[does south park impression cuzimjustthatsad...aha.] ahaha thats gay ahaha.....
I like the 'new' (bit old now but yeah w/e..)gorillaz, we were listening to them in maths today and i knew all the words..but people were like 'wtf mayte you actually like them?!'

saddo's....

Pale posted this on Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:51 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

You have a good point there...The old drawings were more simplistic...Summing up in an easthetic the lo-fi fundamentalism of the original Gorillaz idiom...

The new drawings appeal for their high defenition perfection...But in many ways it engenders the old 'Red Dwarf was crap when they computerized the ships that used to be made from vacuum cleaners' debate....

Personaly I'm in it more for the music...But yes..The icons may be less iconic the more complex they become.

Jonny posted this on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:45 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Why do you care what they look like? I thought the whole point in Gorillaz was that you looked past the band and into the music! As long as there music rocks and there vids do to, who cares?

AnnaChristina posted this on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:17 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

All bands get that attitude after some time.
It's because of success.

vikkokoro posted this on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:33 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

There certainly is alot of detail in new Gorillaz. Haha! New Murdoc scares me a bit! Im kind of tied between the two. The old style does show that theyre cartoons and is kind of a more laid back style. The new style adds a bit of seriousness under my opinion. But art is art I really do like both of them just the same.

DnimdetsiwT posted this on Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:43 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

I think everyone looks betetr in new style EXCEPT for D, He always wore the coolest shirts in phase 1. now theyre just so-so, but meh, overall, i'd say phase 1 is better.

JohanGuerra posted this on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:24 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

They should make them look realistic

Perduzy posted this on Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:15 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

at first I didn't really like the new Gorillaz look, but then after a while I started to like it more and more. The new look is more detailed in the drawlings of each member and not as "simple." But I like both, they are two differant phases of the band and I like them both, all bands have to change their look sometime