gorillaz.com :: View topic - GORILLAZ NOT DEAD! (says Jamie Hewlett)
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - The Band - GORILLAZ NOT DEAD! (says Jamie Hewlett)

P O S T S

Terry Craig posted this on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:22 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

GORILLAZ NOT DEAD! (says Jamie Hewlett)

Via Gorillaz-Unofficial, by TwoDent23:

quote:
Jamie said: ""There's also a five years gap between the albums because they take a long time to do and- and they're very exhausting and when you're finished you feel like you need to go do other stuff. So Damon's touring with Blur- hes doing a world tour with Blur at the moment and then they're working on a new album so there isn't really time for him, and I'm doing other stuff as well. So I think it's, um, we'll come back to it when the time's right. But also the music industry's changed so much since we started doing Gorillaz. There's no money- in the industry so you know you get these amazing new bands, like the Stripes from Ireland, kind of fourteen years old, you know, the best rhythm blues guitarist you've ever seen. Age fourteen, make songs and film it in their bedroom. It doesn't cost anything, and so Gorillaz is kind of expensive. It's expensive to do because it's animated. ...(the interviewer mentions how they cant age, they can reunite whenever)... So there's plenty of time basically."

SO THERE Very Happy Maybe a new album is upon us in 2015! Truly, this is a glorious day.

spyder1070 posted this on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

It remains to be seen, but I'm willing to throw a small amount of hope in there for this.

Yay! ^^

Thanks Terry.

spyder1070 posted this on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:18 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

http://www.stereogum.com/1733516/jamie-hewlett-yes-gorillaz-returns/news/

noodlefoo posted this on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:09 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

I'm hoping for a pretty extensive tour following the album coming out.

viol8r posted this on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:09 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

WOO HOO!!!!! Very Happy

RSP posted this on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:46 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Dust off the guns, drugs, and Winnebago kids. They're getting the band back together!

BassEmUp posted this on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:59 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by RSP:
Dust off the guns, drugs, and Winnebago kids. They're getting the band back together!

Can't wait!

Plus a new Blur album in the meantime! I'm hoping they do a world tour!

spyder1070 posted this on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:57 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

He said he'd consider touring America if the interest was there, so I wonder if that's the same deal for everybody else.

http://www.nme.com/news/blur/83007

BassEmUp posted this on Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:39 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by spyder1070:
He said he'd consider touring America if the interest was there, so I wonder if that's the same deal for everybody else.

http://www.nme.com/news/blur/83007

ooooooh lucky for me, I live in the States!

spyder1070 posted this on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:44 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

http://travelingmurdoc.tumblr.com/

BassEmUp posted this on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:48 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by spyder1070:
http://travelingmurdoc.tumblr.com/

I love it. Who started this?

Also it makes me want the Murdoc figure. I wish I had one...so rare and expensive now.

BassEmUp posted this on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:02 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

*BUMP*

New info!

-All of the new Gorillaz songs will be at a minimum of 125 BPM.
-There will probably be many collaborations again.
-It will be an upbeat, happy, positive record.
-It will most likely be the last album (first time he has said this BEFORE making the album...so we might need to take this one seriously!)

Source: several Damon interviews!

spyder1070 posted this on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:13 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by BassEmUp:
-It will most likely be the last album (first time he has said this BEFORE making the album...so we might need to take this one seriously!)

They have dragged this out so long that I wonder if they will have any old fans left by the time it's released.