gorillaz.com :: View topic - Anyone here actually still a fan...?
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - General chit-chat - Anyone here actually still a fan...?

P O S T S

Are you still a fan of Gorillaz?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I listen to them occasionally or once in a while
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Not really
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:57 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Anyone here actually still a fan...?

Some years back I remember someone made a post like this. For the life of me, I can't remember if it was a post on a thread or if someone made a thread about this topic. But it really got me thinking just how many users who frequented this board at the time (mainly 2007-2009) were actually still fans of Gorillaz. So, do any of you guys still consider yourself die-hard Gorillaz fans or do you occasionally listen to their newer material just to see where they're at? Or maybe you just log in for nostalgia? You tell me.

As for me, well, I'll be frank. I was the "average" Gorillaz fan. By that, I mean that I mainly just listened to their music and paid very minor attention to what album the song came from or what "phase" they were in. I mean, make no mistake, I was a fan. I did read up on the characters' fictional biographies and the whole Demon Days story arc. I just wasn't purchasing merchandise or anything like that. But no doubt there were fans who were exceedingly more knowledgeable and dedicated than I was. And to be even more honest, I pretty much stopped listening to them after 2007. Plastic Beach did not hold my interest at all and I only recently learned that they released a new album, Humanz, in April of 2017. Not gonna lie, I'm not interested. Gorillaz does indeed hold a special place in my heart, but I'm definitely not the fan I used to be which, again, was just "average" to begin with.