gorillaz.com :: View topic - lol this forum outlived g-u
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - General chit-chat - lol this forum outlived g-u

P O S T S

DJP3DRO posted this on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:34 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

lol this forum outlived g-u

rofl

"Dude this thing says I have mail!" "It's amazing what we can do with computers nowadays." "Dude now I'm reading it!" "I'm so happy for you."

Rodox posted this on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

So sad G-U is dead. The worst is all the information there that was lost.

Figment posted this on Thu May 10, 2018 7:56 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

Still an infinity for me to live within. I was so busy with everything and raising my little figment offspring i just remained quiet.

blood posted this on Sat May 12, 2018 9:39 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

holy great this is still here

spyder1070 posted this on Fri May 18, 2018 5:54 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

This is more for the sake of the new fans that just so happen to trip over this corpse of a messageboard. Information is the greatest weapon to have in ones arsenal.

I'm not completely surprised that that happened; maybe just a little. The ahem, Alpha G-fans, made the mistake of assuming that if they put all of their eggs into one basket, the GU in other words. (I can't actually believe that I'm taking the time to repeat myself here. I did try to warn you about this when it was happening at the time. Eh, but watcha'an all that). All that "superior know-it-all attitude would preserve their legacy forever. *cue the maniacal laughter and thunder claps*

It never occurred to them, the Alpha's, that perhaps what was needed (as I said, repeating myself here) was a buffer of sorts. A place to throw all the stuff that their precious Superboard, didn't want. And, if they shared some of that, holier-than-thou secret knowledge with the lowly lesser beings down here in no-wheresville, at least they could have showed off why they were considered to be the right stuff. Or, as 2J liked to snarl at the poor lesser beings, the special ingredient of having the right to say that "If you weren't there in 2005, then ACK!" Sorry, I can't finish that quote, because the memory of it kind of made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Nope, they felt quite justified in their desire to torture the lesser beings into leaving. So that only the GU was left standing, victorious. They probably dusted off their hands when pretty much no-one posted here anymore and then patted themselves on the back for a job well done. Going on to ASSUME that it meant never having to deal with silly newbie questions again. Only good stuff from here on in right?

Well, I don't have to keep smiling and saying I told you so, right? Do you get it now, you silly kids you? NOT so clever at all, were you. The fact that certain people felt it right to crawl back here all sheepish-like with their posts about regretting former selves and shite. You can't be so daft as to not see that what you really did was make little more than a big steaming pile of hypocrisy for everyone to take a big whiff of.

At least have the common decency to be grown up enough to admit to that at least. Arrogant little pricks. It's not just that you said cringeworthy stuff. You created a hierarchy and beheaded anyone who didn't fit into your alpha model. 2J I get, being British and all. The rest of you though...?

Never f*cking assume that anyone who actually knows isn't still watching you. Just because they don't immediately jump up and give you an immediate slap in the face with a wet fish. That doesn't mean that you get to act all cool and that now. You should at least be adult enough to understand that, right.

Whole place f*cking stinks now. You made Gorillaz not fun for so many f*cking people.

CONSEQUENCES! IT'S AN ACTUAL THING! Always has been. You don't get to wipe it away and pretend it doesn't count cause you were just a kid back then. Life should NEVER be that easy.

hot bullet slug posted this on Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

TLDR Spyder1070: Dude fo realz

spyder1070 posted this on Sun May 27, 2018 5:53 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I did say in the very first sentence of that post, that it wasn't for members. But eh, fairs enough. I'll break it down into something more easy to chew.

Alpha bullies of all ages, genders and types. Made this board not fun for quite a lot of people.

How's that?

Kiwihead_92 posted this on Thu May 31, 2018 3:42 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

hey everyone got my account back, the GU is trash, Gorillaz forever! follow me if yall want on insta/deviant/twitter: @ bigotepapi
also I got a webcomic out about a taco who fights twinky nazi's yall should check it out cause I'm gay

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/tacombre-nazi-slayer/list?title_no=129863

Vensy posted this on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:36 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

incredible

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:48 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I'll be completely honest, I have no idea what the Hell G-U was or whatever. I think maybe once I casually stumbled upon it but going by what Spyder said, it was essentially a place run by the "elites" of this board. Is that correct? If so then I agree, especially regarding the hierarchy aspect and the pitiful display of regret and loneliness that followed shortly after. There was a sort of "If you're not one of us you're not important and we'll chase you away" absurd mentality floating around. But my experiences and observations come from this corpse of a board.

From what I remember, this board definitely had an established pecking order of sorts. Whoever was new or deemed "unpopular/unfit" by this self-appointed "council", they were often treated very disrespectfully and I remember witnessing a lot of nasty bullying, ad hominem attacks, and even intimidation in some cases. Some people just jumped the bandwagon and said, "Well, everyone else dislikes them, I guess I will too so I will be liked!" Really ugly stuff.

It was pretty despicable behavior that most certainly would never fly in online communities today. I blame the incompetence of the moderators and the egos of people who thought that being registered in the middle of the last decade was some sort of rite of passage or something stupid like that. In the end, with this type of idiotic and tribalistic behavior, was it any surprise that their precious G-U would crash and burn and there would be subsequent loneliness and mewling lamentations? Come on folks lol

TL;DR A small group of egotistical users from here lost their precious G-U due to them being entitled, mean-spirited and choleric and now they're sad about it and have lots of regrets. Boo-hoo.

spyder1070 posted this on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:27 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I have to say that you said it way better than me but yeah, what Shadow said was exactly what I meant.

I say it simply because I keep seeing the occasional post from people who were deemed to be one of the "elites",in which they lessen their bad behaviour and attitude to others, by calling it cringey. Not cringey, just cruel and unnecessarily callous; I don't call telling someone to go kill themselves anything but devoid of any kind of human understanding. If you STILL, after all this time, honestly believe that it was simply childish and or cringey, then trust me, you definitely need some kind of professional help.

Stop lessening what you did by calling it childish and expecting people who were deeply effected by it to just forgive you and wave it off. Own your bullish behaviour and "holier-than-thou" attitude, and once and for all admit that you got it so very, very wrong FFS.