gorillaz.com :: View topic - Frequently Asked Questions
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - New Around Here? - Frequently Asked Questions

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

P O S T S

Chia posted this on Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:49 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Frequently Asked Questions

If you’re new and you have any questions, please ask them on this thread. There’s also a few random facts we always get asked, just to get you started.

What the Hell is this thing and how do I make it work?
The official Gorillaz messageboard is a phpBB 2.0 forum. It doesn’t look like a standard phpBB 2.0 board because Zombie Flesh Eaters tarted it up. You can find the standard phpBB 2.0 FAQ here.

To post on most forums you need to REGISTER a username and account. Please pay attention to the terms of the registration agreement! This will also give you access to features such as Private Messaging. Once you’ve registered you need to LOG IN with your username and password to post.

The board is divided into eleven (count ‘em!) forums, in two sections. Each separate forum is arranged into threads, each with a topic title. To read a thread, click on its title to unpack it (hey, you managed to get this far on your own, right?). To reply, hit the ‘Reply’ button at the bottom of the page. To post a new topic, hit the ‘New Topic’ button on each forum’s main page.

Can I have an avatar on these forums?
No, only the band members and senior moderator have avatars enabled on this board.

Can I have a picture signature?
Yes. To create a picture signature, first get yourself an image in one of the following formats: .jpeg, .gif or .png. Get it hosted somewhere on the net (like sighost.us, uploadit.org or your own site). Then open your Profile by clicking on the ‘Profile’ link at the top of the main forum index and scroll down to the box marked ‘Signature’. You need to insert the full link to your image and some additional BB tags. Let’s assume the link to your image is http://www.hostingsite.com/your_sig.jpeg. You need to type this into the Signature field, taking out the word ‘Code’ from the top:

code:
[img]http://www.hostingsite.com/your_sig.jpeg[/img]

There is also a signature request thread on this forum where you can ask our artistically inclined users to make you a signature. You can post images on these forums in the same way, simply type the [img] tags and link to the image you want to post into the message field.

Is this forum moderated? Who are the moderators?
modTest is the boss-moderator-of-doom type thing. The other moderators are 2-J , Chia , Gh0st , DeadDamien , and jur .

Do the band ever come here?
It’s been known to happen, yes.

What are the rules?
The basic rules are no spamming, trolling or being a general annoyance to all concerned; and please stay on-topic in each forum. The rules are currently being updated and implemented, take a look at them here . There is also a guidelines post at the top of each forum.

How do I get to post in the Graduate’s Chat forum?
Errr… wait and see…

Hey wait, this board changes it when I swear!
Don’t swear then.

Where can I find out more about the band?
http://www.myspace.com/gorillaz
http://www.gorillaz-unofficial.com
http://fans.gorillaz.com

Oh, and... emergency exits are located here , here and here . Wink

crrrr posted this on Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:29 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Info

Great info! Thanks, from a new newbe. Very Happy

Fluffy Psycho posted this on Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:46 pm | Reply with quote

Thanx alot Chia! this wuz a big help! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

P.S, I liked the door exit joke Laughing !

unknown psycho posted this on Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:08 pm | Reply with quote

ok im not really a noob but i am one too kinda...-confused- anywho what is a sticky? and thanks all that stuff was a help to me in some way...

DeadDamien posted this on Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:50 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

A sticky is a thread, like this one, which has been glued to the top of the forum so it won't sink even if nobody posts in it. Quite nice when one wants to keep something like this FAQ always at hand, and quite annoying when people make twenty-four-hundred-million stickies that push all the new but unsticky stuff off the first page.

unknownpsycho posted this on Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:08 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressReply with quote

oh thank you! Very Happy i will remember that i've asked a few ppl on different topics but they don't answer me ty

Tab with a T posted this on Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:33 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

Yeah, thanks from Tab too--I was wondering about that, but I had it pretty much figured out for myself... Smile

Find me hanging around at http://staticfactory.deviantart.com

*Starshine* posted this on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:06 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

How do you tell if someone is male or female here?

*Starshine* posted this on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:29 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

how do you tell him someone is male or female here?

2-J posted this on Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:26 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

You can't. Ah, the wonders of the internet.

Jenny posted this on Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:02 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by 2-J:
You can't. Ah, the wonders of the internet.

You can tell I'm a girl by my name . And the fact that I use symbols to make cute signs like this <3

Official gender proof that is
*hides her beard*

Magere posted this on Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:06 am | Reply with quote

where did the go

Did i just eat a sandwich?

Gorillaz ^_^ posted this on Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:07 am | Reply with quote

when can we expect the band to post Smile

agent-_- posted this on Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:48 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gorillaz ^_^:
when can we expect the band to post :)

ehm... They won't come on the time you expect them. That's just gorill-ish... But I think we'll see them at least once before the end of this year, with the good start of phase 2...

Chia posted this on Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:08 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

The band post when they feel like it. If you click on the pictures of them at the top of the forum you'll be able to see their most recent posts without searching for them.