gorillaz.com :: View topic - Frequent Band Questions-Read first!
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - The Band - Frequent Band Questions-Read first!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

P O S T S

Gh0st posted this on Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:23 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Frequent Band Questions-Read first!

Fellow Gorillaz fans!

Several questions about our favorite animated guys and lady(yes, lady) come up more than once as new people join our ranks. If you're new to the insanity of the Gorillaz world you may be wondering about certain basic details of their lives, which it is our privilege to pry so deeply into. But with this helpful little guide even the most innocent of new blood can step up a good few pegs to join discussion without the embarassment of being misinformed! So without further ado.....

Q: Are they real people? What do they look like?

A: The Gorillaz are as you've seen them, in all their cartoon glory. They aren't real people turned cartoons, just cartoons. But that isn't to say they aren't real at all. Look around the forums for information on the many people who help them do their thang. You might start with Damon Albarn, their musical consultant, and Jamie Hewlett, their image consultant. A common misconception is that Del the Funkee Homosapien is Russel, but this was never true. They are two separate characters. Trust me.

Q: Is Noodle a boy or girl?

A: Noodle is a girl. She is now about 14 years old, and is becoming a strong, independent young lady, as we can only hope so many more girls will.

Q: Why do I obsess over the relationship between 2-D and Murdoc? Are they lovers? Does 2-D have a girlfriend? Does Murdoc? Is Noodle safe from Murdoc?

A: 2-D and Murdoc are most likely not lovers, but feel free to use your imagination! Both are engaged in various, er, definitions of relationship with women, and share a dysfunctional friendship with each other. Murdoc, as do the other guys, care for Noodle as a little sister. A little sister who bosses them around.

Q: Who is Paula? What's her story?

A: Paula is 2-D's ex-girlfriend, as well as the original guitarist of the band.(allegedly) She supposedly ran off after some nasty business with Murdoc, and was replaced by Noodle shortly afterward.

Q: Where is Del? What happened to him?

A: The spirit of Del, who once inhabited the skull of our beloved drummer, has served to make his supernatural message heard on the first album. During the recent break the Gorillaz have taken from the stage, Del was taken to the spirit world by the Grim Reaper himself, leaving Russel a bit... disturbed. Are there more spirits to be seen? Only time will tell.

Q: Can the Gorillaz answer my question? Do they still post here? What are their E-mails?

A: While it's unlikely that you'll get them to address your questions directly in this forum, (they are busy making cool stuff for us you know.) They have been known to show up from time to time, sometimes to chatter amongst each other, and sometimes with the fans. The worst way to get them to talk to you is to bombard them with desperate pleas in large text. Just be chill. Their Email addresses used to be public, but the ones we had no longer work now. With their growing popularity, it's just not a good idea to have public Email accounts. Why do we always end up pushing away those we love?........

Q: I found this page on IMDB.com or some obscure non-press affiliated site that says a Gorillaz movie is in production. Is this true?

A: At the moment, that does not seem to be the case. The Gorillaz did indeed have plans to make a feature film, but this has been put on the shelf for now due to problems finding a studio that will faithfully produce the film. What remains of the effort can be seen in much of the Phase 2 material, including the Demon Days album, which was to be the film's soundtrack. They may still make a movie, but it's best to wait for info from a better source, if not the band themselves.

Q: Does N E 1 luv 2D?????????????????????

A: Yes. He's a very lucky guy.

Be sure and check fans.gorillaz.com for their biographies, stories, interviews and such. Gorillaz-unofficial is a great in-depth site where you can check out the biographies of the people who help make it all possible.

I will add more as they come up. Remember, there's nothing wrong with asking questions, but be sure to look around so you don't make a thread asking a question that's just been answered elsewhere. And feel free to ask questions that aren't up there.

Last edited by Gh0st on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

7black7 posted this on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:12 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

I knew all that but in behalf of all those that dont, i am thankin' u
Very Happy

martin2D posted this on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:58 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

Ah nice noodle can be my hoe. I'm kinda confused tho. I heard that some african guy is the voice of Russel, and then there's a guy that no one knows about. When they say noodle is a little girl, are they talking about the made up character, or the voice actor? And the girl I thought was noodle looked older than 14 years old. And what do you mean 2D is lucky? He's a friggin cartoon guy, and his voice is Damon Albarn, isn't he the lucky illegitemate offspring then?

!?!?!

Nimloth posted this on Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:44 am | View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

Great idea GhOst putting a thread like this into action! I get a bit fed up with answering users questions when they're repetitive because they can't be bothered to put their mouse cursor on the search button Rolling Eyes

Rusty posted this on Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:39 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerReply with quote

nnnyah...also, i think on the unnofical gorillaz thing they have a thing where you can send in questions to be asked by the guys at unoffical gorillaz to the members, they will pick a lucky few.They have done 2D and murdc 1nce already.

Raziel posted this on Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:38 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

That's on the official fan site, not Gorillaz-Unofficial.

Ljuk posted this on Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:02 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Thanks its nice and helpful to get those informations at the forums.

2Dthebluehairedman posted this on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:56 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

I new alot of that already..

I envy Noodle..

2Dthebluehairedman posted this on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:57 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

she gets cool hats..

noodleer5000 posted this on Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:41 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

noodle ia a girl!!!!!!!!

@#$! it i lost a bet i thought she was a boy

2Dthebluehairedman posted this on Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:07 am | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

lol.. when the 1st album was out i though she was a boy but you can REALLY tell she is a girl now.. wouldent it be funny if murdoc turned out to be a girl! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

2Dthebluehairedman posted this on Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:08 am | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

XD

ZombieXFromXMerkur posted this on Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:00 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

meh...

*Top Banana*...I think.

Dahaka posted this on Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:44 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ NumberReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by martin2D:
Ah nice noodle can be my hoe. I'm kinda confused tho. I heard that some african guy is the voice of Russel, and then there's a guy that no one knows about. When they say noodle is a little girl, are they talking about the made up character, or the voice actor? And the girl I thought was noodle looked older than 14 years old. And what do you mean 2D is lucky? He's a friggin cartoon guy, and his voice is Damon Albarn, isn't he the lucky illegitemate offspring then?

!?!?!

real nice vocab used martin you illegitemate offspring

Dweedo! posted this on Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:42 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressReply with quote

Seriously they are individual people

noodle, murdoc, 2D and russel are real people gone animated. Those might not be their REAL names, but if you look at the G-sides CD it has their real names and stage names plus the people colaborating with them.