gorillaz.com :: View topic - Forum Rules - READ THESE FIRST
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - New Around Here? - Forum Rules - READ THESE FIRST

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

P O S T S

Novel idea posted this on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:12 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by pink_soda:
Very Happy Hello!
And you bumped this... why?

.::Phantom Jr::. posted this on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:13 am | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

ah, it speaks.

Nintendude posted this on Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:12 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Novel idea:
quote:
Very Happy Hello!
What's the point in bumping it? Question

Proud Nintendo Fan!

Nintendo

Novel idea posted this on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:33 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressReply with quote

Re: Forum Rules - READ THESE FIRST

quote:
Originally posted by 2-J:
These are the rules of the forum.

1. Keep posts on-topic, to the forum in which you are posting
All the forums are named and labelled, and there is a topic at the top of each forum that tells you what posts go in there. Any off-topic posts in a forum will be moved to the correct forum.
Heh heh...
quote:

3. Please try to refrain from posting abusive or offensive topics.
If you repeatedly post abusive topics, expect to find your topics deleted or locked.
Ha ha ha!

quote:
4. Please try and add to threads already started rather than start new ones. IN GENERAL IT IS BETTER TO ADD TO A THREAD THAN START A NEW TOPIC.
Please try and only start new topics if something hasn't been discussed before. The 'Search' function (click on the 'Search' button in the board menu) can help you find out if there is already a topic on something. Also, some forums have FAQs - it is handy to read these before asking a question. If you post a topic on something that has recently been discussed it will be locked and you will be directed to the older topic.
XD LAWLZ

quote:
(Rules may be subject to change).
I'll say.

2-J posted this on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:37 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Re: Forum Rules - READ THESE FIRST

quote:
quote:
These are the rules of the forum.

1. Keep posts on-topic, to the forum in which you are posting
All the forums are named and labelled, and there is a topic at the top of each forum that tells you what posts go in there. Any off-topic posts in a forum will be moved to the correct forum.
Heh heh...
quote:

3. Please try to refrain from posting abusive or offensive topics.
If you repeatedly post abusive topics, expect to find your topics deleted or locked.
Ha ha ha!

quote:
4. Please try and add to threads already started rather than start new ones. IN GENERAL IT IS BETTER TO ADD TO A THREAD THAN START A NEW TOPIC.
Please try and only start new topics if something hasn't been discussed before. The 'Search' function (click on the 'Search' button in the board menu) can help you find out if there is already a topic on something. Also, some forums have FAQs - it is handy to read these before asking a question. If you post a topic on something that has recently been discussed it will be locked and you will be directed to the older topic.
XD LAWLZ

quote:
(Rules may be subject to change).
I'll say.

I don't know why you laugh at 1, it's always been upheld. Mods have always moved threads to the appropriate areas of the forum.

3 is a recommendation; note that it doesn't say abusive topics will be moved or deleted, just that repeated such topics by the same poster will be.

4 is the only one you may have a point on. The problem that we ran up against in 2006 was the extreme fetishisation of threads for their own sake. 'Clubs' were part of this. 'woohoo! page 99!' 'woohoo! page 100' etc were part of this. This fetishisation had the direct effect of dramatically increasing the amount of spam on the forums so since then (not that I do much modding these days with the low number of posters around, and fact that registration's closed) I've tended to encourage people to start new topics on certain subjects rather than reviving older threads, particularly if the revival was just for 'nostalgia' or 'club' purposes.

Novel idea posted this on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:15 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressReply with quote

I'm suprised you didn't also get me on:

quote:
quote:
Very Happy Hello!

100%Gorillaz posted this on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:09 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Its real crazy the way i've only just got round to reading these rules. Its like walking on a beach and finding a piece of the death star thats got Darth Vaders 'Do's & Don'ts' on it.

the funniest part is Hugs not Drugs lol