gorillaz.com :: View topic - Gorillaz break their silence
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - The Band - Gorillaz break their silence

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

P O S T S
  Band Member

Russel posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:31 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Gorillaz break their silence

Sorry we’ve been quiet for so long. Hey Muds!. How long has it been?

Last edited by Russel on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Band Member

Murdoc posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:32 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Well, I haven’t posted anything myself since Japan. And I was drunk when I did that.

Band Member

Russel posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:33 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

We’ve been in deep discussions and training for our film. We didn't want to seem like the cliched musician-turned-actors so we’ve all been taking it pretty seriously. 2D's been having extensive vocal coaching to give him a big screen accent. At one point it was suggested that Mel Gibson should do his voice but 2D thinks he should do it. I got myself into a bit of trouble down at ‘Homies Place’, my local health centre. To make myself look in tip top shape on screen I was doing a lot of weights at the gym and consuming bucket loads of the bulk body mass products. I mean that stuff can really pile on the pounds. Unfortunetly I didn't really pay attention to an all over body program. I only worked on my upper torso. So I’ve got an incredibly defined top half and basically two giant sausages for legs. I’m tryna balance it out at the moment.

Band Member

Murdoc posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:33 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

The trailer they’ve given me is enormous. Beats my old winnebago. So I get to hand pick all of my leading ladies and ,er...audition them inside my trailer. It's worked out very nicely for me. I haven’t told any of them that there isn’t actually a part for a leading lady, but you know they should do the research before they talk to me. Anyway in the movie I'm playing the part of a nasty spiteful, deceitful, smelly, bullying bass player from the band Gorillaz. So all the work I've put in as a method actor over the years has really paid off.

Band Member

Russel posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:34 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Yeah but the six months you spent learning ‘rapid water canoeing’ and shooting harpoons was a total waste. You should sue the guy who told you we we’re making ‘Deliverance II’. Fool!

Band Member

Murdoc posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:36 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Learning the harpoon is never a waste of time Russ. I was a natural! Noodle's had to put in a lot of work to make her Japanese accent sound convincing though. She’s been practicing her Samurai Sword fighting skills. She can now battle all creatures using just intuition. Even when blindfolded. She insists on doing all her own stunts.

Band Member

2D posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:37 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Well I haven’t posted anything for ages. I couldn’t. I was in hospital. I really hurt my shin when I came off my bike during the filming of the 'Jump The Gut ' Gorilla Bite.

Band Member

Russel posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:38 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

You hit me you idiot.

Band Member

2D posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:38 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

If we have to do any stunts for the film, I'm getting a double. Another accident like that will mess my hair up.

Band Member

Murdoc posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:39 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

You could ask Mel Gibson to do it.

Band Member

2D posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:39 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

What if he damages his voice?

Band Member

Russel posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:40 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

He’ll have to mime. So, yeah there is a film in production but we've had a couple of false starts. I mean it's like making a record. It's a long process. Plus you're dealing with Hollywood. It's the home of bankable profits.

Band Member

Murdoc posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:40 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Los Angeles is where elephants go to die.

Band Member

Russel posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:40 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

An elephant's grave yard. Exactly!. I mean this is the city that made a remake of 'Get Carter'. But you know we've been through a lot of scripts and a lot of ideas. Halted production a couple of times. I mean at one point there's me and Murdoc both in chicken suits doing a Gorillaz remake of Richard Prior and Gene Wilder's comedy ‘Stir Crazy’. You just kinda get..

Band Member

Murdoc posted this on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:41 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

…Roped into these things.