gorillaz.com :: View topic - The New Gorillaz
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - The New Gorillaz

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

P O S T S

agent-_- posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:23 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

The New Gorillaz

-Got to make a topic eh?! As first!-

Do you people like the new style of Gorillaz. Then I'm not talking about clothes, attitude, things in that direction, but drawing style...
new:

old:

Look close and see the difference. I personally think that the old ones were better... The new ART is better, but the old personalities and drawings were the best of the best!

Why:
The new style makes them like semi-realistic
The old style clearly shows cartoons, what makes them a lot funnier if placed in real pics...

Last edited by agent-_- on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Strike 1

Demonday posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:27 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

First of all; Congrats with the first topic! Very Happy

And, I have to agree actually. Though I think Murdoc looks a lot better then the old Niccals. I love his cape, and his boots to death; it looks great on him. Though I think Jamie started drawing a bit more 'trashy-er' than before. 2D looks creepy.

WOW BABY I WAS BORN
WITH A FAST FUSE

agent-_- posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:35 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demonday:
And, I have to agree actually. Though I think Murdoc looks a lot better then the old Niccals. I love his cape, and his boots to death; it looks great on him. Though I think Jamie started drawing a bit more 'trashy-er' than before. 2D looks creepy.

Yes, that is true... I think Murdoc looks better in this way. He behaves exactly like his look. The old one didn't...
But for 2D and Noodle, they are ment to be funny, not realistic! (still it's drawn beautifully, I just say it!)
Russel... I can't really say if it's better... We hear to less from him that no one really notices I think...

Strike 1

Demonday posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:39 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

...Russel.. is just Russel!

WOW BABY I WAS BORN
WITH A FAST FUSE

2discute posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:41 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

Yeah, the old style was good.
But i LOVE the way that 2d looks badder now.

Last edited by 2discute on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Strike 1

Demonday posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:42 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Welcome to the GChat Smile

WOW BABY I WAS BORN
WITH A FAST FUSE

2discute posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:43 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

Murdoc isn't as evil now, but he dresses more evil, if you can call wearing a cape evil.

Last edited by 2discute on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

agent-_- posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:46 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by 2discute:
Yeah, the old style was good.
But i LOVE the way that 2d looks badder now.

He looks bad, but think about it, He ISN'T bad! He is a 'cute' stupid boy! That doesn't fit in his actual... Personallity...

(both posts above are known as spam... leave such things away here, we don't want another gen. chit-chat. Or at least put in something on topic)

2discute posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:48 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

It's cute though, that he tries to act bad, but he's just sweet. "Give him a kicking or summink!"
Sorry about the post thing. I'll edit it/them now.

agent-_- posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:54 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by 2discute:
It's cute though, that he tries to act bad, but he's just sweet. "Give him a kicking or summink!"
Sorry about the post thing. I'll edit it/them now.

So he just tries to be cool... Just like the pic of him with a knife (promo booklet, see G-U for pic)? So he has changed in that...

Isn't a bad change, seen the amount of 2D fangirls ;)

2discute posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:58 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

I think 2d has more fangirls now (me included, sorry people who don't like fangirls! Razz) than when the band started.

Strike 1

Demonday posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:17 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I'm more into Murdoc, to be honest.
I'm not in love with him, or something alike that;
I like Murdoc, that's all. Yeah I like him Cool
Gimme Crunch, now tht's what I love Cool

WOW BABY I WAS BORN
WITH A FAST FUSE

2discute posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:27 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

2d is more detailed now, and I think he is the best cartoon ever.
He's slighty paler now as well. I don't know if anyone's noticed.

MrScruff posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:31 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

i prefere all BUT murdoc now. Russell and noodle now seem to be much deeper, and if u read the interview of russel in "drummer" magasine, you'll know why he is now my favourite. Noodle's old style was also patronising to what she is now...i prefere the detail on all of them; but i'm still a sucker to murdocs old school antichrist necklass and cowboy boots.

#1 All Alone Fan. All Alone for single #5! Mr. Green

agent-_- posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:07 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

I don't think I really care what Russel's exact image is. He just isn't 'ingeresting' enough...

Though...

Their new style IS way more with my age... If I'd show an image to someone of my class with showing old style... It would be really for kids. But their new style is, just as the life of the cartoons, grown up! It's cooler, not funnier...