gorillaz.com :: View topic - The New Gorillaz
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - The New Gorillaz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

P O S T S

2Dthebluehairedman posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:32 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

sorry 2-J ^^

wonder_fall posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:33 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

XD i was about to say that actually.

on topic:

why is there a gorilla in [1]? was it a band member or something? Confused

ピクスイとエマ - Pixie tha kawaii bi ^^

2Dthebluehairedman posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:35 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by wonder_fall:

on topic:

why is there a gorilla in [1]? was it a band member or something? Confused

huh?

cotsie posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:35 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

because that is what they where called before noodle went in

wonder_fall posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:49 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

i knew that *smiles* why is it wearing a hat and smoking?

i dont like [1] the style is freaky...

turkatron posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:10 pm | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerReply with quote

I find it hard to belive that Murdoc would look like [1]Murdoc. I'm not sure why, its to do with his chin i think. I know it's pre-broken nose though...

agent-_- posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:21 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by wonder_fall:

on topic:

why is there a gorilla in [1]? was it a band member or something? :?

It's the gorilla that now is replaced by Mike The Monkey. Nothing really special. Because nothing really appeared about it, only came on dr. wur zels page, we can't be sure about their roles. We can still find 3 members back anyway! And I personally think Paula has been replaced because Damon likes Japan, and because of it removes a thing. (otherwise she would be a sexy person with relationships etc... doesn't fit well in the band!)

wonder_fall posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:13 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

(excuse me! Paula? Sexy!?)

His name is Mike the Monkey? I love that dude! At least it aint the freakin purple gorilla cus it really scares me... infact i wouldn't be a fan of gorillaz if demon days was like [1] cus i'd be scared to buy the album XD that picture gives me nightmares!

murdle-d posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:41 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Mudds just doesn't look....satanic enough there

Still Tokin posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:48 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

Re: The New Gorillaz

quote:
Originally posted by agent-_-:
-Got to make a topic eh?! As first!-

Do you people like the new style of Gorillaz. Then I'm not talking about clothes, attitude, things in that direction, but drawing style...
new:

old:

Look close and see the difference. I personally think that the old ones were better... The new ART is better, but the old personalities and drawings were the best of the best!

Why:
The new style makes them like semi-realistic
The old style clearly shows cartoons, what makes them a lot funnier if placed in real pics...
the art and detail are better in the new ones, the old art still looks great and still very silmiar. But the newer stuff is better if there was more, theres alot more old stuff. not as much coming out as there was first time round.

agent-_- posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:12 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Not much new pics?

That's not at all true, there are quite a lot new pics in phase 2... Just they all came in 1 big BANG, and there were another 20 pics. They should've been spread over time and time maybe, but there's SO much new art, just think about that...

Though (yea, sorry, I keep doing this), the old art was funnier. What is now [3] the funniest pic? Band standing on the rock where 2D does ehh... That thing out of his pants? There isn't a funnier pic? Apparently not. While the phase 1 [2] was full of funny pics. Like 2D jumping, all together in the cafe where Noodle hits a fly, and the pic with the water-pistols... Those were funny!

Still Tokin posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:34 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

yeah true, but the artwork in the demon days book wasnt the best. the arts great but not very many band pictures. but cover artwork was sweet

turkatron posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:47 pm | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerReply with quote

Re: The New Gorillaz

quote:
Originally posted by Still Tokin:
quote:
Originally posted by agent-_-:
-Got to make a topic eh?! As first!-

Do you people like the new style of Gorillaz. Then I'm not talking about clothes, attitude, things in that direction, but drawing style...
new:

old:

Look close and see the difference. I personally think that the old ones were better... The new ART is better, but the old personalities and drawings were the best of the best!

Why:
The new style makes them like semi-realistic
The old style clearly shows cartoons, what makes them a lot funnier if placed in real pics...
the art and detail are better in the new ones, the old art still looks great and still very silmiar. But the newer stuff is better if there was more, theres alot more old stuff. not as much coming out as there was first time round.

I agree about the quantity of art, I do wish they had more of it. I'm hoping they do for their dvd release (assuming they have a phase two dvd.)

agent-_- posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:54 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Still Tokin:
yeah true, but the artwork in the demon days book wasnt the best. the arts great but not very many band pictures. but cover artwork was sweet

True. More band pics would be sweet, and more funny pics too...

Jadeh posted this on Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:38 am | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressReply with quote

Well, to me, I think that if the Gorillaz still looked like they did back in '01, people wouldn't take Demon Days as a more 'serious' CD.