gorillaz.com :: View topic - The New Gorillaz
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - The New Gorillaz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

P O S T S

2discute posted this on Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:42 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

Why do you think that, Jadeh?

Dave12D3 posted this on Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:33 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerReply with quote

Hmm... Kinda think Murdoc needs to lose the cape,and get a bit of a tan to offset his newfound green-ness.
Noodle and Russel can keep the way they are.
2-D,I would like to see like he was before,not all the way,but you know about half. I'd like him to start wearing the stuff he did in Phase 1.

cannibal massakren posted this on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:01 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I love the new style. You can actually tell Noodle is a girl (i might get burned for saying that but its true) 2-D looks a little more like the brain-dead dude he is, and Murdoc looks even more like a diseased old rocker! But I was kind of dissapointed in Russel's changed. I was hoping he would look a little more posessed, maybe bigger eyes.

Dave12D3 posted this on Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:38 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerReply with quote

Thing is,hes not as possessed anymore. He had Del exorcised.

2discute posted this on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:16 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

Yeah. So he probably looks sadder now, cause his mates gone.

agent-_- posted this on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:38 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Did Russel change that much? Only the drawing style, yes, but his clothes: no change, his role in videos: no change(nothing)... I think he actually lost more than got new stuff...

ShatPank posted this on Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:37 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

Demon Days was a more composite and much less rudimentary affair than the first album, so the characters must evolve alongside the music. I don’t think they’ve lost their humour either, and personally, I like the progression. As Damon said: “the characters were dated. They needed updating”.
I think the new semi-realistic design is necessary as a lot more human/cartoon interaction takes place in the more recent videos. The old one’s just…wouldn’t work with Bootie Brown bouncing around next to them.

strike 2

Omnion posted this on Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:19 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Re: The New Gorillaz

quote:
Originally posted by agent-_-:
-Got to make a topic eh?! As first!-

Do you people like the new style of Gorillaz. Then I'm not talking about clothes, attitude, things in that direction, but drawing style...
new:

old:

Look close and see the difference. I personally think that the old ones were better... The new ART is better, but the old personalities and drawings were the best of the best!

Why:
The new style makes them like semi-realistic
The old style clearly shows cartoons, what makes them a lot funnier if placed in real pics...

This is EXACTLY what I was getting at with my "got the music, lost the attitude" thread: the old was just cool, the new is just...without as much character...

Dahaka posted this on Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:48 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ NumberReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dahaka:
Wait.. THere were 3 concept designs of the gorillaz...

[1]

[2]

[3]

I think that gorillaz is the old verison of that DJ monkey. I'll try to find a picture

2-J posted this on Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:18 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShatPank:
Demon Days was a more composite and much less rudimentary affair than the first album, so the characters must evolve alongside the music. I don’t think they’ve lost their humour either, and personally, I like the progression. As Damon said: “the characters were dated. They needed updating”.
I think the new semi-realistic design is necessary as a lot more human/cartoon interaction takes place in the more recent videos. The old one’s just…wouldn’t work with Bootie Brown bouncing around next to them.

Shat I think you have it down just right.

Just as the music has become more textured, deeper, and darker... so has Gorillaz' visual element. In a nutshell, that's it.

agent-_- posted this on Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:25 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

true, it's necessary, but that Bootie Brown isn't an argument. I don't think they already had the idea of a jumping Bootie Brown while designing the characters ;)
But yes, it fixes right with the music.

x3x 2Ds Baby x3x posted this on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:20 pm | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressReply with quote

I personally like the newer Gorillaz. Why?
MURDOC: He's calmed down a lot. What, you all think I started crushing in Phase 1? That started (and thankfully ended) in Phase 2. And he's got a crow... That just makes me feel like he and my brother are closer.
2D: He looks less animated, more human. He's been given a better look, and it makes him look like he's not dead. He looks smarter too.
RUSSEL: He's better when he's not possessed. This whole "Exorcism and Possession" crap annoys the great out of me. And he's become more complex. And he got rid of the creepy gun-wielding thing.
NOODLE: She looks closer to her age now, and she's got hair. She, too, has become more complex. She's now bilingual, and much wiser. How could a person with a vacated mind write such a great album?

Gorillaz have grown, and in Phase 3, they're going to be even better. We can only expect the world's greatest band to keep getting better. Even if they did have a few screwy songs, every great band does. Look at what a failure the Beatles did with the White Album. U2, Rolling Stones, all of these great bands have done nothing but get better. Except Blur. They suck. Movin On was a one hit wonder in my opinion. It's just me and how I am.

quote:
Originally posted by ninja_monkee123:
Invader Zim was good.

Tab with a T posted this on Tue May 02, 2006 11:44 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

I think it's good that they made Noodle look so much older. I like her older look, even if I do miss the cool headphone hat that she always wore.

Is it just me or does Russel not look as big as he once was? Whether that's true or not, I like his new look too--the denim jacket is cool. And his attitude fits the music more...they've all gotten darker. I like the darker ones.

2D looks older too...and paler. The most redeeming quality about 2D's old look was that he looked more like a cartoon--as mentioned earlier. He looked neat on the design for "White Light" in the Demon Days album cover, too--the hat was a nice touch.

Murdoc really does look more evil--darker, older and greener--and slightly more detailed too. Hopefully they're not drawn in too much more detail--it might kind-of-sort-of screw it up.

Find me hanging around at http://staticfactory.deviantart.com

Strike 1

Demonday posted this on Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:21 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I love this topic!

WOW BABY I WAS BORN
WITH A FAST FUSE

2-RavenD posted this on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:15 pm | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressReply with quote

Well, each style has something great about it, but I must say that I do prefer the new one. Noodle looks great and I love her haircut! Although before she was really cute!