gorillaz.com :: View topic - Shaun Ryder
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - Shaun Ryder

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

P O S T S

wonder_fall posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:26 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

Shaun Ryder

I just though and now I really want to know.

What's the deal with Shaun being in Dare!? I mean, he's mental!! I heard that he messed up one of the nights at manchester and i know for a fact that he's a bit of a bitch (i got his autograph and said something and now he hates me) and he might have a wildly music personality but can you call it talent!?

I'm sorry if a post like this has already been but i never saw it and i really want to know why Damon got him to callaborate over everyone else in the world.

ピクスイとエマ - Pixie tha kawaii bi ^^

gorillaz_chick posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:33 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

face it, since he started in happy mondays hes always had that drinking problem. so he went from an nice looking guy in the start to potato head drunk!

wonder_fall posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:36 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

to be honest he ruined dare. it'd sound so cool if it didn't have a drunken sod singing 'Eets coming oop! Eets coming oop!!!' but it got number one *shrugs*

gorillaz_chick posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:37 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by wonder_fall:
to be honest he ruined dare. it'd sound so cool if it didn't have a drunken sod singing 'Eets coming oop! Eets coming oop!!!' but it got number one *shrugs*

happy monday fans and blur fans, basicly bought that cds!
and the big gorillaz fans bought all three singles....i aint naming names....*ahem* Rolling Eyes

wonder_fall posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:45 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

but i still dont understand why the hell damon chose him! was he drunk and happen to bump into him and say
'Heeeeeeey, mate lets make a gorillaz track together!' !?!?!?

gorillaz_chick posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:46 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
but i still dont understand why the hell damon chose him! was he drunk and happen to bump into him and say
'Heeeeeeey, mate lets make a gorillaz track together!' !?!?!?

most likely drink buddies or they meet up at something back in the 90's and said that one day they would do something together! Rolling Eyes

cotsie posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:46 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

well i sounds decent i mean imgin damon doin it it wouldnt sound rite

2-J posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:35 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

He didn't ruin DARE! Look, taste is subjective, and not everyone likes every artist. But The Happy Mondays were a classic band, and almost universally regarded as such. Shaun was also hugely influential in his style and music. That's why he was picked for DARE. And I think there's a lot of Mondays spirit on there.

Frouwke posted this on Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:24 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

To me, Shaun didn't ruin DARE.
DARE wouldn't have been the same without Shaun's "It's coming up, it's coming up, it's coming up, it's coming up, it's coming up, it's coming up, it's DARE"

But that's just my opinion.

Kaci posted this on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:42 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressReply with quote

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I love the song...and think it sounds great.

Strike 1

Demonday posted this on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:16 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Re: Shaun Ryder

quote:
I just though and now I really want to know.

What's the deal with Shaun being in Dare!? I mean, he's mental!! I heard that he messed up one of the nights at manchester and i know for a fact that he's a bit of a bitch (i got his autograph and said something and now he hates me) and he might have a wildly music personality but can you call it talent!?

I'm sorry if a post like this has already been but i never saw it and i really want to know why Damon got him to callaborate over everyone else in the world.

Jamie + Damon: "We're both a fan of Happy Mondays"

WOW BABY I WAS BORN
WITH A FAST FUSE

MrScruff posted this on Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:51 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

it WAS slightly uncomfortable when he kept coming in at the wrong time in manchester; but that just added to the feeling of pandemonium that ingulfed the opera house when they started playing the song.

#1 All Alone Fan. All Alone for single #5! Mr. Green

(BritIsh SniPeR} posted this on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:29 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Shaun is just 200% personality, and that is why he is loved.

bassman posted this on Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:14 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

People and dare aren't any better than each other, they're just different. So Shaun's signature style fits just as well as 2D's.

murdle-d posted this on Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:35 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

i obviously couldn't go to manchesyter for the show since i live in mexico, but if what ur saying is true (and i doubt it isn't), then i think they could have just done without him in the show. it might have been better to use a recording, but i think he sounds good in the song itself.