gorillaz.com :: View topic - Shaun Ryder
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - Shaun Ryder

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

P O S T S

2-J posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:59 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

^ offtopic.

Please stick to the topic at hand.

wonder_fall posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:01 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

I'm not even sure how long we can stay 'on topic' seeing as this is a pretty un-answerable thread... *is ashamed of self*

ピクスイとエマ - Pixie tha kawaii bi ^^

2-J posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:09 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Omnion I deleted your comment because I asked everyone to keep on topic. Topic of discussion is Shaun Ryder, his appearance in DARE, etc

wonder_fall posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:12 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

(2-J i sent you a message earlier and you havent replied, please do so *cute face*)

I'm really bored now, i think this topic is done as nobody wants to discuss it anymore so err... *disapears*

ピクスイとエマ - Pixie tha kawaii bi ^^

fade posted this on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:02 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

I agree with Pixie...
personally I really don't like the performance of Shuan Ryder at Manchester concert. he sang like he had no breath in hil lungs! and I think he didn't put any innovation to the song Dare (I mean, I think that even my brother could go there and sing It's coming up, It's dare, never did no arm.. what's cool in it?) Maybe he wrote the music of the song? I dunno! Anyway, I officially excuse with these people who likes him, I dunno if in his career he done good songs,
but -as for me- it's like Damon wanted to bring back to light a man already fallen into the abyss Rolling Eyes

FadeOUT-2-3-07>> - www.gorillaz.it - www.crazyfortoons.com - RejectZombieTrashLickers!

Polo 2-D posted this on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:17 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by 2-J:
He didn't ruin DARE! Look, taste is subjective, and not everyone likes every artist. But The Happy Mondays were a classic band, and almost universally regarded as such. Shaun was also hugely influential in his style and music. That's why he was picked for DARE. And I think there's a lot of Mondays spirit on there.

my thoughts exactly i dont see why everyone is saying he ruined it. its catchy his backround part

2-J posted this on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:43 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by fade:
I agree with Pixie...
personally I really don't like the performance of Shuan Ryder at Manchester concert. he sang like he had no breath in hil lungs! and I think he didn't put any innovation to the song Dare (I mean, I think that even my brother could go there and sing It's coming up, It's dare, never did no arm.. what's cool in it?) Maybe he wrote the music of the song? I dunno! Anyway, I officially excuse with these people who likes him, I dunno if in his career he done good songs,
but -as for me- it's like Damon wanted to bring back to light a man already fallen into the abyss Rolling Eyes

hmmm, I think the full significance of his contribution isn't apparent without... how shall I say... an appreciation of his background in the Happy Mondays, fade! Who were a very important British band.

But the truth is, he can't cut it live, now. You're completely right. he's just not up to it.

The CandiMan posted this on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:32 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

I think Shaun sounds pretty good in the video (i don't know about the live proformance.) I say DARE wouldn't be the same without the offbeat "ish comin' up ish comin' up, its DARE!"

x_nina_x posted this on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:42 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

I think it's sad, whats become of Shaun.. How they had to poke him to keep awake when they filmed DARE, and how he knew who they were, but just.. couldnt remember, I suppose. Shows what a life of drugs does..
But, I dont believe he wrecked DARE at all. I thought it was good!

Shauns announced he's going on a diet now..

Still Tokin posted this on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:01 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

a diet from the funny stuff as well?

spACEs posted this on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:45 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

So what EXACTLY happened each night at the opera house? Like, what did Shaun do wrong?

Gorillazrock2509 posted this on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:50 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

I think he came in late, or something.

strike 2

Omnion posted this on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:35 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
^ offtopic.

Better do as he says, or he'll eat you.

No, really.

x_nina_x posted this on Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:46 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Omnion:
quote:
^ offtopic.

No, really.

xD Hahaha

quote:

I'm not sure.. I guess so. I just read he was *going* to go on a diet. He might not actually get round to doing anything.. Rolling Eyes

strike 2

Omnion posted this on Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:36 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by x_nina_x:
quote:
Originally posted by Omnion:
quote:
^ offtopic.

No, really.

xD Hahaha

quote:

I'm not sure.. I guess so. I just read he was *going* to go on a diet. He might not actually get round to doing anything.. Rolling Eyes

What? He's eaten me twice... *shudders*