gorillaz.com :: View topic - Shaun Ryder
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - Shaun Ryder

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

P O S T S

TheBrainyOne posted this on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:29 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by x_nina_x:
I think it's sad, whats become of Shaun.. How they had to poke him to keep awake when they filmed DARE, and how he knew who they were, but just.. couldnt remember, I suppose. Shows what a life of drugs does..
But, I dont believe he wrecked DARE at all. I thought it was good!

Shauns announced he's going on a diet now..

yea right, a diet on some low fat Beer ! I read this on Q mag.

x_nina_x posted this on Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:02 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheBrainyOne:
quote:
Originally posted by x_nina_x:
I think it's sad, whats become of Shaun.. How they had to poke him to keep awake when they filmed DARE, and how he knew who they were, but just.. couldnt remember, I suppose. Shows what a life of drugs does..
But, I dont believe he wrecked DARE at all. I thought it was good!

Shauns announced he's going on a diet now..

yea right, a diet on some low fat Beer ! I read this on Q mag.

I read it in Q Mag too xD;;
..Low fat beer.. o.O Indeed.

Jonny posted this on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:32 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

did everyone get the DVD? LOOK AT SHAWN! muppet! drunk, hes even holdin the beer, rosie has to steal the cig off him as well! Damon tryed his hardest to bring him in the right timing (he sang the its comin up bit at 1 stage) but failed

Nimloth posted this on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:49 am | View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

You people are NEVER happy for Christ's sake!
Shaun was a wicked choice from Damon!he may be drunk or high..but who cares? as J said he's been a major influence on music worldwide and Happy Mondays is fantastic Very Happy
Also, Shaun is one of Murdoc's mates how can you expect a friend of his to be spot clean? Laughing
Some of you people on here need a good whopping, you should be happy that Gorillaz provide you with good tunes, you'd all be whining if you didn't have Gorillaz to drool on....

Jonny posted this on Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:27 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

yes but its embarressing when my friends (some of them quite liked DARE) saw the live, then hated it.

Floreyn posted this on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:12 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I've noticed something when I watched the DVD. Maybe the 'drunk Shawn' is part of the show. They intended to make him look like he's drunk?

Jonny posted this on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:47 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

well, a bit unfair on Shawn then, isn't it?

Chia posted this on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:12 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

No, because that's been Shaun Ryder's performance style since he was in the Happy Mondays. "Shambolic" doesn't even begin to cover it. That's what's unique about Shaun's performances and to be honest, that's what people my age watch Shaun's performances for.

You guys really ought to watch 24 Hour Party People . Then you'd get an idea of just how mild and sane Shaun's Gorillaz performances are relative to what he used to be like. Wink

strike 2

Omnion posted this on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:17 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

^ Ah, yes, 24 Hour Party people... Laughing Only watched it for New Order, but it was good. Shaun Ryder used to be a total legend before he killed himself with drugs...now he's a very stoned legend... Laughing

x_nina_x posted this on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:20 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Omnion:
^ Ah, yes, 24 Hour Party people... Laughing Only watched it for New Order, but it was good. Shaun Ryder used to be a total legend before he killed himself with drugs...now he's a very stoned legend... Laughing

Still a legend, though not for a very good reason..

strike 2

Omnion posted this on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:15 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

After all, he is a wife beater or summat...

Chia posted this on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:04 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

... Nah that's Ike Turner. Laughing

Dave12D3 posted this on Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:41 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerReply with quote

Apparently Shaun is a wifebeater as well.
I wouldn't know about it if it wasnt for that nasty letter.
Ike beat Tina to a bloody pulp and made her famous.
"ITS DDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!111"

CabooseJr posted this on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:51 pm | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressReply with quote

i dunno why but, i only like Shaun Ryder with his head in the floor in Noodles room.

Figment posted this on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:03 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

I think that Shaun Ryder could easly be replaced with someone else. However, I cannot see DARE in any other way, except with that strange robot head. Atleast he was good in the video..