gorillaz.com :: View topic - NEW GRAD'S GUIDE TO THE FORUM
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - NEW GRAD'S GUIDE TO THE FORUM

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

P O S T S

Was This Guide Helpful To You?
Yes, its very nice
70%
 70%  [ 31 ]
Its OK, needs some more stuff
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
No, it needs improvement
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 44

bassman posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:58 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

NEW GRAD'S GUIDE TO THE FORUM

Welcome!

So you've recently been accepted to the graduates chat, an honorable feat! But before reaping the benefits of this wonderful and intelligent chat, there are some basic rules you should follow, in order to make the experience better for you and others. First off, read the Graduates chat rules and the sister topic, the N00bs guide. . Both focus on the mechanics of posting, but are handy to know, if you don't already.

Rules for a Better Graduates Experience

1. Don't make topics just for the sake of discussion and idle chat : Before making a post, ask yourself "Has anyone already made a topic about this?" or "Will it truly contribute to the forum?"

2. Make topics with a scope for discussion : Don't just make a topic to state your current thoughts or feelings. Make topics that give people something to reply to and talk about.

3. Give your opinion when posting a new topic. : Don't just ask a simple question without saying what you think. As a rule of thumb, Don't ask for opinions without giving yours.

4. Stay on topic : Although this is stated in many places, the moderators of this forum are mostly concerned with this issue. Don't go off on random tangents or make random and pointless posts. Rather than doing so, ask another question that relates to the topic that furthers discussion. Aside posts are fine too, but not to access.

5. Differentiate the Graduates Chat from General-Chit-Chat. : General chit-chat is that; chit-chat without a general theme. Such topics don't belong in the Graduates chat and will be moved accordingly. The Graduates chat is made for topics for intelligent conversation.

6. Set a good example to the rest of the forum : Show other forumers how to behave properly, to improve the overall quality of the forum.

7. Before Asking a Question about the Gorillaz, Check G-U : Most questions about the Gorillaz should have been answered here, or by Searching

Just remember, this forum is for discussion , not chat (this includes "Party" or "Celebration" type topics, which belong in General chit-chat).

Enjoy!

2-J posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:06 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

I asked bassman to make this topic because his 'N00B'S GUIDE' has proved to be very helpful to new members to the forum in general.

These aren't strictly rules (see the rules topic for that, above) but should be thought of as a guide to getting the most out of the new Graduates forum.

bassman posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:10 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

Yes, this pertains to everyone, but I'd think it would be most helpful to those people who have recently become graduates, but are a bit unsure how to act. This should clarify some confusion too.

Dahaka posted this on Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:21 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ NumberReply with quote

ONe think you forgot b-man, strikes.....

bassman posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:32 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dahaka:
ONe think you forgot b-man, strikes.....

That's rules topic (see modtests topic) territory, Dahaka.

Sand wich posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:58 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

oh yes,something you forgot Bassi.

NEVER INSULT PEOPLE BY THEI ENGLSIH SKILLS GUYS!!because that's really annoying,You know,that aint correct to insult people by that.They learned it at school,and there are a lots of people out there that are really able to handle it quite good.so,please stop doing that.Thanks

Strike 1

Demonday posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:00 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I damned already got a strike. Rolling Eyes

WOW BABY I WAS BORN
WITH A FAST FUSE

Gremlin posted this on Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:06 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerICQ NumberReply with quote

a strike for doing what?

bassman posted this on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:37 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gremlin:
a strike for doing what?

She said N**ger

agent-_- posted this on Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:53 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by bassman:
quote:
a strike for doing what?

She said N**ger

Strange.
If that's racism you should never come to the Netherlands. I mean, they call themselves #that word#.

If this forum would be controlled by someone Dutch she wouldn't have a strike :/

2-J posted this on Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:58 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by agent-_-:
quote:
Originally posted by bassman:
quote:
a strike for doing what?

She said N**ger

Strange.
If that's racism you should never come to the Netherlands. I mean, they call themselves #that word#.

If this forum would be controlled by someone Dutch she wouldn't have a strike :/

But when is it okay for a white person to call a black person that?

Never.

agent-_- posted this on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:07 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

In the NL it's no problem at all...

And anyway, DD impersonated Murdoc. He would say that. So you f*ck her for something the bandleader says...

-I have the feeling I shouldn't have said all this, but to Dutch life, it's... so very normal actually-

2-J posted this on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:11 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Well, Murdoc would never use the word 'N*****'. Why? Because nobody from the UK (or US) who is white, would use that word. Because it's considered racist to do so, in the UK and the US. So really, you're completely wrong when you say Murdoc would use that word. He might be a bast@rd, but he's not racist. And he'd have to be racist, given that he's a white guy from the UK, to use that word.

turkatron posted this on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:41 pm | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by 2-J:
Well, Murdoc would never use the word 'N*****'. Why? Because nobody from the UK (or US) who is white, would use that word. Because it's considered racist to do so, in the UK and the US. So really, you're completely wrong when you say Murdoc would use that word. He might be a bast@rd, but he's not racist. And he'd have to be racist, given that he's a white guy from the UK, to use that word.

Quoted for truth.

Also, I'd like to add to that that while Murdoc is "chronically caucasian," Russel is right there to kick his @$$ so I think he's smart enough to watch his mouth. Also, if he were racist, why would he even recruit Russel to begin with?

Back to the REAL topic at hand, I think this Guide is very useful. It's a masterpiece, 5 stars! The n00bs guide is still useful too, these are both great moments in the history of this message board.

Strike 1

Demonday posted this on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:02 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by agent-_-:
In the NL it's no problem at all...

And anyway, DD impersonated Murdoc. He would say that. So you f*ck her for something the bandleader says...

-I have the feeling I shouldn't have said all this, but to Dutch life, it's... so very normal actually-

Thanks. That's nice.
I still don't see the problem.

WOW BABY I WAS BORN
WITH A FAST FUSE