gorillaz.com :: View topic - Got the music, lost the attitude...
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - Got the music, lost the attitude...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

P O S T S

Still Tokin posted this on Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:59 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

well 2D and murdoc are all ready fully grown, how much more do you want them to grow? how young do you think they are?

(BritIsh SniPeR} posted this on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:00 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

If Murdoc gets any more "mature" he will need a wheelchair.

Still Tokin posted this on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:42 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

yeah thats sounds about right

bassman posted this on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:11 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by (BritIsh SniPeR}:
If Murdoc gets any more "mature" he will need a wheelchair.

Sniper has a point. Do you want noodle as a middle-aged mom?

TheBrainyOne posted this on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:35 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

no, not in terms of age, but...spiritually? musically.

amateur1314 posted this on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:06 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

yeah i have noticed the change the band members itself....but i find it to be nothing more than just plain realistic and more-over fascinating because they managed to potray a more human profile, which is quite a big step considering they are made up characters.

As for their music..i do enjoy the old music but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy their Demon Day's Album and singles.To me its good that they decided to make something different instead of doing the same thing over and over again, in turn, staying as cool as they were when they first started out.

strike 2

Omnion posted this on Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:04 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Listen, to all those people STILL mentioning the music, I love variation etc, I am glad the MUSIC is maturing. But why the band...? They're cartoons, there should be no "rules" about maturing cartoons..

Still Tokin posted this on Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:06 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

Yeah your right theres is no rules, but maybe jamie just wanted to give them a diffrent look here & there, wouldnt surpirse me if in/or if there is gonna be a phase 3 he'd probaly give them another we change here and there

2Dthebluehairedman posted this on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:19 am | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

im alright with the band really. Aslong as they dont go and try and pull a silly little pop song that only 5 year olds would like, or someone like Jess.Simpson dont ruin a song (like she ruined angels -_-) im pritty much happy. I bet our taste in music n' that is gonna change in the next 10years, prolly some of us wont like gorillaz anymore.

bassman posted this on Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:14 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by 2Dthebluehairedman:
im alright with the band really. Aslong as they dont go and try and pull a silly little pop song that only 5 year olds would like, or someone like Jess.Simpson dont ruin a song (like she ruined angels -_-) im pritty much happy. I bet our taste in music n' that is gonna change in the next 10years, prolly some of us wont like gorillaz anymore.

Well, that last sentence is stating the utterly obvious. Of course our tastes will change. But, I can guarantee you that gorillaz won't "pull a silly little pop song".

Still Tokin posted this on Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:19 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by 2Dthebluehairedman:
I bet our taste in music n' that is gonna change in the next 10years, prolly some of us wont like gorillaz anymore.
ive like the Gorillaz for a long time. i aint all of a sudden gonna not like them any more

Teh Dorky One posted this on Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:47 pm | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressReply with quote

Re: Got the music, lost the attitude...

quote:
Originally posted by Omnion:
Who agrees?

When Gorillaz started out, they were so cool it defied belief: the Graffiti, the mental album sleeves, the G-Sides art, the rawness....the music wasn't really great, though.

When Demon Days came, the music was tremendous, great stuff! BUT WHERE WAS THE ATTITUDE! Gorillaz are now a bit perverted and just too far-out in an uncool way.

WE WANT THE GORILLAZ COOL BACK!

I don't know, I love the new album and all, but I think the music on the first one was better.

I was getting bored with hurting myself.--Alkaline Trio.

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...--Pearl Jam.

Gh0st posted this on Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:16 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
But why the band...? They're cartoons, there should be no "rules" about maturing cartoons..

There's also no rules about not changing them. And since the music and art must go hand in hand in Gorillaz, the art has to change with the music. The point is that they're a little more defined, instead of having soft lines they have pointy lines, instead of being brightly colored they're a little darker, if anything they have more attitude. They went from squishy to edgy. Besides all that, Jamie did say he wouldn't ever change the essence of the characters, Noodle will never become middle-aged. I can't wait to see what Jamie does with them when album 3 comes out, I know it will be as cool as the change from Gorillaz to Demon Days was.

cannibal massakren posted this on Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:47 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I really like the change.... I mean I loved Gorillaz (album,) but the music itself was a little cartoony. I think Demon Days is trying to become more mature, yes. You notice that there were no samples whatsoever in the album (sans "Intro")? The ultimate manufactured band is becoming more unique and dark. Also, I like how the band has changed their look, although I really miss Murdoc's red eye.

ShatPank posted this on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:49 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

I’ve always adored Jamie Hewlett’s unpretentious imagination and think that whether it’s the stylishly unslick, punk image of Phase 1 or the more detailed, darker drawings of Phase 2, it’s that quality which prevails. Both have their debatable good and bad points but as I said before:

“Demon Days was a more composite and much less rudimentary affair than the first album, so the characters must evolve alongside the music. I don’t think they’ve lost their humour either, and personally, I like the progression. As Damon said: “the characters were dated. They needed updating”.
I think the new semi-realistic design is necessary as a lot more human/cartoon interaction takes place in the more recent videos. The old one’s just…wouldn’t work with Bootie Brown bouncing around next to them.”

The question is, whether Jamie will evolve the characters again for the third album.