gorillaz.com :: View topic - What are your favourite Gorillaz songs? Post your favourites
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Their Music - What are your favourite Gorillaz songs? Post your favourites

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

P O S T S

Umup0 posted this on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:04 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

1. Slow Country
2. OGW
3. Re-Hash
4. KWG
5. M1A1
6. EPWRID
7. FCOOTMH
8. November Has Come
9. Tomorrow Comes Today
10. Rock It

Last edited by Umup0 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total

maskedmouse813 posted this on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:07 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

We Are Happy Landfill
Stop the Dams
Slow Country

Those are my top three, constantly changing places.

quote:
Originally posted by kiwihead:
...?!
says the hipster bear.

YesterdaysToday posted this on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:09 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I like Spitting Out the Demons, Highway Unfder Construction. and Bill Murray.

N!k|@Z:::RL2 posted this on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:44 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

68 State.

Umup0 posted this on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:37 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Don't Bump

HP posted this on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:57 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

....When your the bump Laughing

German Shake posted this on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:44 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Laughing good one.

BLUM (GABY2-D) posted this on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:13 am | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

My favorite songs are 'People', 'Clint Eastwood', Every Planet we Reach is Dead', 'Hong Kong', Latin Simone' (english version), and 'Dare'

noodle_ninja posted this on Sun May 31, 2009 3:10 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I think, that a song like "Happy Landfill" could easily be regarded as a true "Gorillaz-evergreen" - it's original (like any other Gorillaz-song), it sounds like nothing you've ever heard before, perhaps, in particular, because of the unique choice of instruments - I have never heard the sounds of a typewriter in any other piece of music, for example. The drums used in "Happy Landfill" also have a very Gorillaz-like sound to them, which carries the whole song with a steady beat, just like in "Clint Eastwood", for example. The catchy melody blends with the beat in the finest way, which creates an amazing, energetic and upbeat song... And, yeah, 2D's voice is just incredible, and the "Aaaaaahh"-scream in the beginning of the song fits in very nicely.
"Happy Landfill" is an amazing composition - gritty-sounding, but still funny, uplifting, and somehow delicate, in its very own way.

I personally think, that "Kids With Guns" is one of the best songs, Gorillaz have ever made, so far - Powerful lyrics, incredible, yet simple melody and choice of intstruments, this song creates an atmosphere of serious story-telling, depth and soul - this song consists of so many layers. It's one of my favorite songs. Oh, and the part at the end of the song is... beyond words.

"Clint Eastwood" - the intro, the instruments, the melody and 2D singing: "I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad, I've got sunshine in a bag, I'm useless, but not for long, my future is coming on." is probably something, a lot of people instantly associates with Gorillaz. The rap-part with Del is also amazing - one of Gorillaz' biggest music-talents must be, that they're able to mix so many different kinds of music and make songs this original and incredible. "Clint Eastwood" contains a lot of details, as well, it's one of those songs you can listen to a lot of times and still, even after a while, be able to recognize something new about, I think.

And then, of course: "Feel Good Inc." - I have so much to say about this song, that I don't really know, where to start - First of all, an incredible composition, a lot of interesting details. The difference between the chorus and the rest of the song is striking, it creates an idea of looking at two different parts of the same tale. The fact, that 2D actually sings the chorus, while "talking"/"rapping" in the rest of the song, just underlines this difference in a very clever way, and so does the heavy bass-line compared to the cheerful sound of the acoustic guitar in the chorus. The melody and the beat, in the chorus as well as in the rest of the song, is absolutely incredible, but I must say, that the chorus-part is my favorite, especially the second one. It's so pure and dreamy, and even though, it sounds so... real! It's like a picture of where you really want to be, or at least that's how I think of it. It's a truly wonderful and inspiring song, with powerful and amazing lyrics. The part with De La Soul is also amazing, it fits in completely. One of my favorite songs ever, it has followed me ever since my early teen-years.

I wish Gorillaz all the best of luck in the time to come - and as usual, I'm looking forward to hearing news from you.

- noodle_ninja