gorillaz.com :: View topic - THE KINGDOM OF SPAM-A-LOT (the only spam thread)
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - General chit-chat - THE KINGDOM OF SPAM-A-LOT (the only spam thread)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2864, 2865, 2866, 2867  Next

P O S T S

L0rd Ry6n0u5 posted this on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:31 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Jesus Christ, this is still around. That feels weird. It feels even weirder to be posting under this name. This place is an eternal shrine to the dumb things I did in the past and it will never go away. The shame will never die.

That being said, it's unreal that people still post here. I met a lot of cool people in my time here, but I lost contact with almost all of them. I don't even know why I'm posting this. Some deep sense of nostalgia, maybe. I made this account when I was what, 14? I'm 22 now. Weird stuff, man.

Callin Fear posted this on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:31 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

holy great. I was literally 13 when I joined here. This is the first place my internet presence registered. The feels. I'll even type in yellow for this.

I'm an economics graduate now, and an artist. Looking back on ot I was in an awful place when I was here last time.

Rest in peace Callin Fear. You will not be missed.

lzzrdgrrl posted this on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:08 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

eh...... I've found even mores twisted shi† to get involved and waste my time with......

http://kigcos.com/

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:16 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by L0rd Ry6n0u5:
Jesus Christ, this is still around. That feels weird. It feels even weirder to be posting under this name. This place is an eternal shrine to the dumb things I did in the past and it will never go away. The shame will never die.

That being said, it's unreal that people still post here. I met a lot of cool people in my time here, but I lost contact with almost all of them. I don't even know why I'm posting this. Some deep sense of nostalgia, maybe. I made this account when I was what, 14? I'm 22 now. Weird stuff, man.

Oh, don't think of it like that. We were all a bit silly and goofy back in the day, yes that's true, but it was a much happier time. A time of carefree fun and silliness where we would engage in whatever we wanted. Although most of us were in school back then, now we're swamped with several other worries and stresses, like payments and jobs. Now, our idea of fun is just to lay there because we're so worn out from all of our homework and jobs. I know I sound overly sentimental here, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say it'd be nice to go back to those days, even if its just for a little while.

quote:
Originally posted by Callin Fear:
holy great. I was literally 13 when I joined here. This is the first place my internet presence registered. The feels. I'll even type in yellow for this.

I'm an economics graduate now, and an artist. Looking back on ot I was in an awful place when I was here last time.

Congratulations. But your signature seemed to be a glimpse into the future. Shocked Confused

Last edited by Shadow Colosuss on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:29 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Double-post.

To this day, I still wonder how some of the very old users, who had signed up back in 2003 or a few years later, would react if they saw their old threads still on the front page.

Bowser Madius and Mr. Q in particular, since their threads are still going strong after all of this time. It's been ten years and a month for the former, ha.

I'd also like to say I hope that all the users who formerly were active here who have moved on to bigger and better things, I wish you luck and may your path be easy and full of excitement.

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:52 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Colosuss:
quote:
Originally posted by L0rd Ry6n0u5:

Oh, don't think of it like that. You were having fun, obviously. I mean we all were. Back when all we cared about was having fun and engaged in our interests all the time.

quote:
Originally posted by Callin Fear:

Congratulations. But your signature seemed to be a glimpse into the future. Shocked Confused

Kiwihead_92 posted this on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:34 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

technically i think everyone who is registered here should b well into adulthood

spyder1070 posted this on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:24 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I know that I am and at times I really don't like it. That's okay though, because life is like that, you know.

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:20 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwihead_92:
technically i think everyone who is registered here should b well into adulthood

Yeah, holy crap, man. This website is like the key to a few people's childhoods.

quote:
Originally posted by spyder1070:
I know that I am and at times I really don't like it. That's okay though, because life is like that, you know.

Indeed it is. It's kind of fun, though.

Callin Fear posted this on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:00 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:

The buttsex one of the shitty drawing?

Cos my drawings stayed shitty for a long time, then they suddenly turned into great like this:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/5604f6e6f1e20341191f68d68f16a868/tumblr_ne5qryGcY01tmy0uto1_1280.jpg
[/url]

spyder1070 posted this on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:45 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Wow that's a wonderful picture. ^^

I wouldn't say that there's anything shitty about it really.

Terry Craig posted this on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:08 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

quote:
This website is like the key to a few people's childhoods.
Oh boy, you can say that again. I'd say Gorillaz in general as well, at least regarding my musical tastes (and sense of humor as well, I think).

BassEmUp posted this on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:15 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwihead_92:

Sadly, you are correct.

As far as the childhood memories thing...registered when I was about to turn 16. So it just makes me think of the awkward high school teen years!

You guys were definitely helpful during that time. I felt like I had a little niche group of music dorks to talk to (dorks is an endearing term, by the way Wink )

I turn 25 this year...where did the time go?

spyder1070 posted this on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:30 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I'm not entirely sure this where to put this. I found it on FB.

------------
ALBARN SELECTS BOWIE FOR ITUNES ALBUM FAVES

“Here are we, one Magic Whip moment...“

Back in February, Blur announced the April 27 release of their new album, The Magic Whip. Damon Albarn talked about the influence of studio surroundings on the band’s work:

“There’s something about the studio we recorded it in, it was really different. I've recorded in a lot of places around the world and every place has its own spirit, so it was really interesting to make that decision it was going to be about Hong Kong. There’s points on the record where I think it really sounds like the stuff that David Bowie did in Berlin. There’s nothing pastoral about it. It's very much an urban record.“

Now Albarn has chosen David Bowie’s 1977 masterpiece, Low, for an iTunes selection of Blur’s favourite albums. Here’s what he had to say about the record.

David Bowie - Low
“The sound of David and Brian absorbing punk then taking it to Berlin to produce a futuristic record, right on the frontline of the Cold War.“

Check out the rest of Damon’s selections and indeed the rest of the band’s here: http://smarturl.it/blurFAVESiTunes

We should point out that the page is apparently only available in the UK, Turkey & Russia.
--------------

BassEmUp posted this on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:06 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by spyder1070:
I'm not entirely sure this where to put this. I found it on FB.

------------
ALBARN SELECTS BOWIE FOR ITUNES ALBUM FAVES

“Here are we, one Magic Whip moment...“

Back in February, Blur announced the April 27 release of their new album, The Magic Whip. Damon Albarn talked about the influence of studio surroundings on the band’s work:

“There’s something about the studio we recorded it in, it was really different. I've recorded in a lot of places around the world and every place has its own spirit, so it was really interesting to make that decision it was going to be about Hong Kong. There’s points on the record where I think it really sounds like the stuff that David Bowie did in Berlin. There’s nothing pastoral about it. It's very much an urban record.“

Now Albarn has chosen David Bowie’s 1977 masterpiece, Low, for an iTunes selection of Blur’s favourite albums. Here’s what he had to say about the record.

David Bowie - Low
“The sound of David and Brian absorbing punk then taking it to Berlin to produce a futuristic record, right on the frontline of the Cold War.“

Check out the rest of Damon’s selections and indeed the rest of the band’s here: http://smarturl.it/blurFAVESiTunes

We should point out that the page is apparently only available in the UK, Turkey & Russia.
--------------

Very cool! I'm excited for TMW. So far the songs off of it have been really cool, and it's so great to hear Graham on Blur songs again!

As far as "Low" goes, such an influential album. Makes sense that Damon would be digging it. It is a huge push behind NIN's "The Downward Spiral", and really opened up a lot of the experimental electronic rock side of things.

So, whatever he does for the next Gorillaz effort, I hope he finds the right producer and studio to do it in, and focuses on those two aspects a lot. It's the only thing PB was kind of missing.