gorillaz.com :: View topic - Most popular virtual musical creation
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - Most popular virtual musical creation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

P O S T S

Could the "annoying thing" push gorillaz off the top spot for best virtual musical creation?
yes
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
hell no
82%
 82%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 29

sparechibbly posted this on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:50 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Oh God no...

AnnaChristina posted this on Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:09 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

I think Crazy frog's not original. He copyes from other talented people. One of his singles reminds me on old song which was popular for ages ago. All he added to that song is *ding ding ding...* He will never be as popular and original as Gorillaz.

sparechibbly posted this on Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:24 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by AnnaChristina:
I think Crazy frog's not original. He copyes from other talented people. One of his singles reminds me on old song which was popular for ages ago. All he added to that song is *ding ding ding...* He will never be as popular and original as Gorillaz.
Yeah that was Axel F. It was quite a nice song, until he did a sh!t ass remix of it.

Crawleyy posted this on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:02 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

No. No. No. And 1 more time NO.

Besides, I've found lots of things he took from Gorillaz.

I can remember only 2 for now well, here they are:

"ding ding" video = rocket (some things like in 19-2000 video)

"under the water dance" = Gorilla-robots (the same number of them like in Clint Eastwood), Gorilla -dance! Mad

And music... is taken from the past and performed not in th best way. Sad

amateur1314 posted this on Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:01 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by blueie:
I just hope the damn frog doesnt try and make a re-mix of a Gorillaz song..
Well Damon DID say that he liked crazy frog. I mean they did make a Kids Bop version of Feel Good Inc... there's a chance they'd make a remix ...can you imagine it?

ITS DING DING DING DING DING!! =D xP

blueie posted this on Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:22 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by amateur1314:
quote:
Well Damon DID say that he liked crazy frog. I mean they did make a Kids Bop version of Feel Good Inc... there's a chance they'd make a remix ...can you imagine it?

Windmill,windmill for the DING!

Noooo. ;_;

saint_sammy posted this on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:36 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

Re: Most popular virtual musical creation

quote:
Originally posted by Dahaka:
Could the crazy frog overtake the gorillaz as the most popular virtual musical creation? Even though the gorillaz are in the guiness world of records that ~~~~ has managed to sell s*** loads. I know that there are amatuer virtual bands for example hentaigene but let's not go there.

f*ck no.

amateur1314 posted this on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:39 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Noooo. ;_;
I'd like to see a video of gorillaz and crazy frog though XD MURDOC CAN BE DRIVING AROUND IN AN IMAGINARY SCOOTER trying to kill the frog......and he kills the frog...that can be the punchline :B

Tab with a T posted this on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:20 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Noooo. ;_;

[Cracks up] Yeah, that would be pretty awful, wouldn't it?

I've met a few people that think that virtual bands are completely unoriginal and have no talent. It's that kind of thinking that would push Crazy Frog to the top.

Find me hanging around at http://staticfactory.deviantart.com

Jonny posted this on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:21 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

[quote="Darkly Blackflame"]2mur is making a good point. How does a cell phone ringtone become some "big" hit? It came out with an album of crap. It didn't even sell! I don't think it did at least.
quote]

1: It did
2: It did

Tab with a T posted this on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:34 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

Holy hell, I just looked up Crazy Frog on my music software to test their originality, or lack thereof. I had never read much into Crazy Frog--for obvious reasons--so I decided to look at what everyone was complaining about...
Found it.
He/she/it/they don't do anything of their own!
"Popcorn", "We Like To Party", "Axel F", "I Like To Move It", "Whoomp (there it is)"...none of those are originally Crazy Frog's.
And "Who Let The Frog Out"? What the hell is that?

Jonny posted this on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:48 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tab with a T:
Holy hell, I just looked up Crazy Frog on my music software to test their originality, or lack thereof. I had never read much into Crazy Frog--for obvious reasons--so I decided to look at what everyone was complaining about...
Found it.
"Popcorn", "We Like To Party", "Axel F", "I Like To Move It", "Whoomp (there it is)"...none of those are originally Crazy Frog's.

Yes, they do "remixes" or "covers" (kind of) of songs. I thought everyone knew that....

Tab with a T posted this on Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:44 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny:
quote:
Originally posted by Tab with a T:
Found it.

Yes, they do "remixes" or "covers" (kind of) of songs. I thought everyone knew that....

Well yeah, the only songs I'd ever heard by Crazy Frog were covers, but I just never really listened to them. At all. And I thought that their frog ringtone pop-up ads were the most annoying things in world history.

Blue posted this on Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:36 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

The sad part is, crazy frog probably has a good shot at ysurping the Gorillaz. THere's a lot of morons in the world. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say at least they'll always do better than the close-ups. Hopefully.

feelin'good posted this on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:25 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Blue:
The sad part is, crazy frog probably has a good shot at ysurping the Gorillaz. THere's a lot of morons in the world. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say at least they'll always do better than the close-ups. Hopefully.

I should certainly hope not.