gorillaz.com :: View topic - The Good, The bad, and the Queen
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - The Good, The bad, and the Queen

P O S T S

Dahaka posted this on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:29 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ NumberReply with quote

The Good, The bad, and the Queen

The Good, the Bad and the Queen is the name of Blur frontman Damon Albarn's new project. Initially reported as a solo album by Albarn with Danger Mouse producing, NME reveiled in late July 2006 that the solo project was switched to a new group formed by Albarn.[1]

The group, which consists of Albarn, The Clash's bassist Paul Simonon, former Verve member and Blur and Gorillaz guitarist Simon Tong, and drummer Tony Allen, intend to release their first single in October 2006 (see 2006 in British music). The same month will see the band make a live debut at the BBCs Electric Proms season at the redeveloped The Roundhouse in Camden.[2] The single will be followed by an album reportedly about London in January (2007), rumoured to be titled The Good, the Bad and the Queen as well.

Members consist of:
damon albarn
Paul Simonon
Simon Tong
Tony Allen

And here everyone thought Damon was gunna either do two things;
1- Mo' Gorillaz work.
2- Mo' Blur work.

Personallyno one can hold down 3 projects, rumours that ice cube will hlpe do the next gorillaz album, project one, blur realted album coming out soon, project 2, now this comming out in october, project three... i dont know but i sense one of those projects he's doing might get teh scrap pile!

I managed to go onto the NME site and get some info:
Damon Albarn forms new band
The Gorillaz' chief and friends record new album

Damon Albarn has formed a new band for his next project.

The Blur frontman was working on a solo project with Danger Mouse producing, but now the pair have switched their attention to working on a new album called 'The Good The Bad And The Queen'.

The record has been recorded by the new group which features The Clash's bassist Paul Simonon, former Verve man and auxiliary Blur guitarist Simon Tong and drummer Tony Allen along with Albarn.

They plan to release their debut single in October, before the full album - a concept record about London - is released in January next year.

The group will make their live debut at the BBC's Electric Proms season at revamped Camden venue The Roundhouse this October.

Direct Link here
This Forum has more information on it as well

Opinions please.

TheBrainyOne posted this on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:07 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

well, this means Blur album will never be ready by 2007. Mad
But the combination of Damon's new band seemed good to me. though I still think Damon should stop all these extra side projects.

QuantumDegenerator posted this on Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:12 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

Holy Sh.it this sounds really good.

And the're throwing Ice Cube in the middle of all this? ...Uhh, HELLZ YEAH!

For some reason it all sounds good to me.

strike 2

Omnion posted this on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:18 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Yeah, I'm looking forward to TGTBATQ. It'll definitely be a Gorillaz-beater.

dmarteng posted this on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:16 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I'm happy that Dangermouse is producing the album for this project. It should be killer.

I have adopted Aku_RokuLove

Tab with a T posted this on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:16 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

Ice Cube on the next Gorillaz album? Aw, man...it won't be nearly as good.

This new thing sounds good, though. Not quite as creative as the Gorillaz concept, but still good. I'll check it out--go Danger Mouse Mr. Green

Sooner or later, he's gonna have to stop with all the side projects. One person can only front so many bands.

Find me hanging around at http://staticfactory.deviantart.com

IWontGetOverTheDam posted this on Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:19 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I think this is gonna be either a Top-of-the-Charts album, or it's gonna be a Crash-and-Burn album. No bets for middle ground.

Frostie posted this on Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:36 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

I'm not really excited about it.

I guess I'll give it a try, though. I mean... it is Damon's work...

Frostie was also raped by Noodle on 26th Feb 2007