gorillaz.com :: View topic - What will happen here when Gorillaz split up?
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - Graduates Chat - What will happen here when Gorillaz split up?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

P O S T S

Figment posted this on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:14 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

Re: What will happen here when Gorillaz split up?

quote:
Originally posted by Darkly Blackflame:
It may be tommorow, it may be in a 1000 years, but at some point, a band has got to go their separate ways, grow old, and die. So what will happen here when that day finally comes?
Will it continue to be invaded with useless threads about nothing, or grow thick with forests of dust?
Somehow, in some way, everything has to grow old and everything has to end. We've already come to one place where there are no more new users and there hasn't been anything new for a very long time. There was a time when it was about the gorillaz, but that has changed rapidly within General Chit chat so far above.

The next phase will arrive and this pause in the influx, will create a certain benchmark for us to follow again. Everyone 'before the end' of the registration and everyone 'after'. It really, will not change the dynamic or the attitude, of the forum, but there will specifically be some form of change, before the very very end.

When that end occurs, it really won't matter why the forum was here or to the history of the gorillaz. When we argue, about those petty things or make a flighty comment about dreams.

None of it matters.

They will dicuss new points of view and find small niches in this place, to have some decent form of conversation. What matters, is that the thinkers will still think and still create. When the gorillaz end, I will be glad to have been apart of the gorillaz fandom and unemotional to the wereabouts of the forum. I'll be glad of my participation too, because that's how I should be.. thats how It should be.

Tab with a T posted this on Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:03 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

As long ago as the last post in this thread was, I figure throwing one more opinion into it couldn't do that much damage.

Well, it's already been established that Damon has become a part of yet another side project, one of at least 100 other side projects, I'm sure. And as far as Internet life (here), roleplayers, spammers and people talking about world events have eaten this place. Kind of a shame, really.

The remainder of fans who still pop by here and enjoy looking at fanart and lsitening to their music, such as myself, will continue to be anywhere from "OMG THEY'RE GONE!!1one" to "man, I really miss the Gorillaz, you know? They were a good quality bunch." I'm leaning more toward the second one, because being an American, I know that the best music is imported...seriously, all the music that's really popular in America is so full of suck, it's not even funny. My favorite band is Belgian, and I'm a fan of music from England, Italy, Canada...all kinds of other places.

Wow, even I'm starting to think that this post is TL;DR. I'm shutting up now.

Find me hanging around at http://staticfactory.deviantart.com

Polo 2-D posted this on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:00 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN MessengerReply with quote

persoanlly i feel when gorillaz split up there will be alot of sadness but think gorilla will leave such a great legacy behind, i dont think there has been such a famous animated band, no I KNOW there hasnt been such a famous animated band this band will be legends im sure of it, im sure gorillaz will be known throughout the ages especially damon and jamie who dared to mess around and tryed to make it big

Jonny posted this on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:31 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Polo 2-D:
persoanlly i feel when gorillaz split up there will be alot of sadness but think gorilla will leave such a great legacy behind, i dont think there has been such a famous animated band, no I KNOW there hasnt been such a famous animated band this band will be legends im sure of it, im sure gorillaz will be known throughout the ages especially damon and jamie who dared to mess around and tryed to make it big

Your point being....?

Nah, I was gonna be sad about Gorillaz spillting, but as long as Damon makes music: Gorillaz or not, I'm happy.

It's all about the music, not the band. Damon is the band, so I feel The Good The Bad And The Queen is Gorillaz, even though is does have a distinct sound.

Gorillaz can split now.

2-RavenD posted this on Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:46 am | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressReply with quote

Well, it will proberly be pretty sad but at the end of the day
We have the albums, the music, the drawings and the videos. they aint going no where. I dunno what will happen to the board, but it aint really about gorillaz anymore anyway Confused

Jonny posted this on Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:26 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by viol8r:
GSH will still be around. i'm not going anywhere Cool

Oh, phew, I feel so much better now Wink

Figment posted this on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:48 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

Technically, without anything to hold what we have together, there is still some thread that creates a connection. I see that, setting aside all the possibility, we have still a need for even a forum that keeps us alll occupied. I would for the life of me continue on here trying to create other suggestions and/or discussions until they close the board. After all, in some way's a piece or part of the thoughts you make stay with you and here in all ways. If not in the memory they have built here, then inside of those you influence...

A very good and comforting thing for me to ponder..

lzzrdgrrl posted this on Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:32 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Figment:
"......I would for the life of me continue on here trying to create other suggestions and/or discussions until they close the board. After all, in some way's a piece or part of the thoughts you make stay with you and here in all ways. If not in the memory they have built here, then inside of those you influence......."

With great power comes awesome responsibility. Use it wisely......