gorillaz.com :: View topic - This place is.... thread(Discussion of forums Life or Death)
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - General chit-chat - This place is.... thread(Discussion of forums Life or Death)

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

P O S T S

Figment posted this on Sat May 17, 2008 6:59 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

This place is.... thread(Discussion of forums Life or Death)

This place is officially........ thread. Yes it's officially full of threads and win and lose and fun.

No it's not dead, that's one of those things that you just have to sit back and think about. When declaring about an place being ineffective, you have to wonder exactly why it is "dead" to you. Alright so it's running slow right now, but would there be any discussion about it being dead if it were actually the case?

You're reading this now aren't you? You're still here and you have an opinion, yes?

More to the point we'll just call this "the place that you can say what you wish about the forum" thread. What you think has happened to the place is rather important. No more of those... "it's dead" threads.

Might as well sticky my little pet.

WARNING: All threads created to address the state of the forum of it's "death" or lack there of, will be magically locked with the flick of an flippersnog.

Last edited by Figment on Fri May 23, 2008 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

star2525 posted this on Sat May 17, 2008 7:07 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

This place is....

This place is mixed, somedays you can have a proper coversation, and some days you can have abuse hurled at you by complete strangers because your veiws on a subject are different.

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Sat May 17, 2008 8:11 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Let this messageboard die. It's seen plenty of crazy sh‪it, and deserves a rest.

Figment posted this on Sat May 17, 2008 8:43 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

If you did have that cord resting in your hands, would you discconect it soo readily.

If you would, why then do you continue, Shadow?

Because I really think there are a lot of tastey thoughts to eat here, and tastey users to dine on.. I mean with.

2-d-sushi posted this on Sat May 17, 2008 8:58 pm | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

This place is.......becoming crapy'r with every minute it aint dead.

What happend to the old OMB

Novel idea posted this on Sat May 17, 2008 11:21 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressReply with quote

A second the motion for a sticky.

2-J posted this on Sat May 17, 2008 11:36 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

I will sticky this for as long as it has a use. As of now, it seems to have a use. so, *stickied*, and can we please use this for moaning about / praising / saying anything about the forum from now on. Thanks.

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Sun May 18, 2008 12:29 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Oh, wow. Congrats to Figment for having a thread of his stickied.

spyder1070 posted this on Sun May 18, 2008 2:14 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

This place is.... not quite dead, if people do actually take up my idea, that is. I read Mouses answer to the Russel question. That was a good start. Pity it got locked, I could of actually gotten somewhere then. That is what this place needs, sensible discussion about the band. I mean, what's the point of calling yourself a fan, if you aren't willing to speculate, on the creators ideas. You're just listening to the music, that doesn't make you a true fan, just an idle passer by. And if that's the case, then I don't think you should question the occasional kick in the teeth. It's people like them, that killed this board. Thanks, we really appreciate it. Rolling Eyes I'd make a thread in the band section, but I know what will happen, it'll get blasted to death by stupid people, who think that just because they're bored, we all have to follow their example. I'm too old for any of that peer pressure crap, and I was glad when I got old enough, to be able to say that, in the first place. Some topics are just not worth getting nostalgic about. Peer pressure, is one of them.

Speaking of nostalgia, I just reminded myself of the 'Mark' thread. Just so some won't pull that up to slap me about with for a while, and because my paranoia demands it, yes, I am aware. And if there had of been a topic for me to go to discuss Gorillaz in, I would probably never of gone to the 'Mark' thread, at all. From the very first day I registered here, I have asked, and waited, for a decent Gorillaz discussion topic. The only one I have seen so far, is the Noodle one, and even that's dead now. (I asked a Noodle related question there not so long ago, typically, it was ignored.) I've sat here for nearly three years waiting, I keep seeing people slam topics, saying "If you registered after 2005, you ain't shite." But no where, have I really seen them post anything worth discussing. So why don't you? If you really are the shite, why not show us your vast wisdom? I'm here. Come on. Show me.

If anyone here would like to have a genuine discussion about Gorillaz, and prove this board is not still full of bored little kids, tell me. Because I'm more than willing to listen and talk, about what you guys know, or have thought about, and I refuse to make a topic until I know it will be used properly. It is suppose to be the Gorillaz forum after all, not who can post the most stupid, or irrelevant topic forum. Yes, that does include my bunny one.

maskedmouse813 posted this on Sun May 18, 2008 2:17 am | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

I try and save the board with the thread that will (in time, you philistines) probably be considered my Magnum Opus, and what are the results? Four posts? One about pleasuring yourself to Pirates of the Caribbean. So yeah, I think it's become clear that you people don't want the board to survive.

quote:
Originally posted by kiwihead:
...?!
says the hipster bear.

spyder1070 posted this on Sun May 18, 2008 2:24 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Mouse, you are probably one of the few people here, I actually listen to. Though there have been times when the subject matter went right over my head, I consider you to be one of the few, who actually have something relevant to say. I just don't understand why when the opportunity arises, you don't. You seem too interested in telling the topic poster to pissoff. One of those miscellaneous things, that go over my head I suppose.

I WANT THE BOARD TO SURVIVE! I haven't learned even a quarter of the stuff from 2005. No one will tell me.

maskedmouse813 posted this on Sun May 18, 2008 2:31 am | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by spyder1070:
Mouse, you are probably one of the few people here, I actually listen to. Though there have been times when the subject matter went right over my head, I consider you to be one of the few, who actually have something relevant to say. I just don't understand why when the opportunity arises, you don't. You seem too interested in telling the topic poster to pissoff.

Bwahahaha....hahaha...ha...

Sigh.

quote:
Originally posted by kiwihead:
...?!
says the hipster bear.

spyder1070 posted this on Sun May 18, 2008 2:37 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by maskedmouse813:
quote:
Originally posted by spyder1070:
Mouse, you are probably one of the few people here, I actually listen to. Though there have been times when the subject matter went right over my head, I consider you to be one of the few, who actually have something relevant to say. I just don't understand why when the opportunity arises, you don't. You seem too interested in telling the topic poster to pissoff.

Bwahahaha....hahaha...ha...

Sigh.

Yeah, I know I'm a pain. I flip back and forth constantly, but that's just my aggressive nature. You do have to admit that there are times I do listen. Days like today, when my mind is clear, for example. Of course, that could change by this afternoon, and I'll be back to my paranoid caustic self. I've never lied to you about how I feel though. I'm not going to pretend about that, that sux. Another thing you'd have to admit. Least I don't pretend I luv you, or nothing.

kimono owls posted this on Sun May 18, 2008 3:12 am | View user's profileSend private messageMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by maskedmouse813:
I try and save the board with the thread that will (in time, you philistines) probably be considered my Magnum Opus, and what are the results? Four posts? One about pleasuring yourself to Pirates of the Caribbean. So yeah, I think it's become clear that you people don't want the board to survive.

Excuse me, but what is so wrong with that?

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Sun May 18, 2008 3:17 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

XD Cheesy....mad...fuсking....cheesy.