gorillaz.com :: View topic - This place is.... thread(Discussion of forums Life or Death)
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - General chit-chat - This place is.... thread(Discussion of forums Life or Death)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

P O S T S

DJP3DRO posted this on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:43 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

You are a clever dude.

"Dude this thing says I have mail!" "It's amazing what we can do with computers nowadays." "Dude now I'm reading it!" "I'm so happy for you."

GeurillaGorilla posted this on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:42 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

I like that I can hop on here every few months and not miss great.

Figment posted this on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

Nothing missed, nothing gained, and nothing lost. It is all here, yes, it is all still here, still the same place to mine memories. I pull buckets up to keep myself sane, and they are full of different lovely tidbits to munch on. Munching on memories is good, it makes me feel like there is nothing to be lost, nothing to be gained, and nothing to be missed....

She Wolf posted this on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:48 am | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

Hmmm I'd have to say my happiest memories here are when the Roxburry was up and running. Many friends Many enemies, and I got a spouce out of it ehh Fig. Smile Good times. Maybe one of these days we'll reopen the place on a different sight, might be fun, it'd take too much work to try here after all much of the patrents that visited are long gone.

spyder1070 posted this on Wed May 16, 2012 1:11 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

*sigh*

This place ended a long time ago. I only pop in to sigh, read old crap about nothing, and waste my time wishing I'd known better than I did.

Still a lot of ghosts I see. I can see you. Lurker people. *points at them*

Figment posted this on Wed May 30, 2012 9:12 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerReply with quote

Lurking is fun.

One can come close to death and feel the heart slow to almost a crawl, yet be alive in a perspective sense. Of course, I wouldn't know that personally, still I remain sitting about twiddling my thumbs in a rare show towards the semblence of life.

Terry Craig posted this on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:26 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

I agree. It's like an abandoned building. There aren't many places like that on the internet left that are still cool. Well there's myspace, but that was never cool.

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:31 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I have a strange connection with his messageboard. As silly as this sounds, it taught me a lot, and I still remember users here very clearly. I mean, so many old friends and what-not. I think it was my very first internet hang-out spot. And yes, this place has indeed faded away, but it'd be nice to get in touch with a few people here.

KAI posted this on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:47 pm | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

well since i'm here posting on these old topics for "old times sake" as it were.
when you get right down too it This place is a music bored, Gorillaz are a band (Yes i know i'm stating the bloody obvious) thats just it. We only get a new gorillaz CD like once every 5 years (or at least it feels that long) even then its NO WHERE NEAR THE LEVEL of the first two CD's IE songs like "Tomorrow comes today" and of course the song that people said MADE GORILLAZ "Clint Eastwood" thus we all kinda just stop caring. i DO believe if they made a CD that really took off. people would come back. but they would have too KEEP that momentum going it couldn't be a one time deal. other wise the next week maybe month this place would be a ghost town again.

spyder1070 posted this on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:12 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I don't wish to start an argument, but eh.

There are TWO groups of Gorillaz people out there in the dark realms of the internet. One that only seems to care for the music and one that cares mostly for the story. The music ones tend to fade in and out, only returning when either the band put out another album or to see if they are about to. The others are busy looking into the freaky minds of Jamie and Cass. Hoping that somewhere amongst the imagery and story are clues or lines of thought, that will lead them to conclusions about what this or that album represented. Or, hopefully, insight into Murdoc's mind that may or may not reveal far more than previously thought. Of course many that are in the music group tend to believe that the imagery group are nuts and waive it off. Often stating that there is nothing to learn there and it's a case of "the eye of the beholder". Oddly though, sometimes things do line up, but you can't tell them that without getting your head bitten off.

I have never really cared that much about the music. Like it, yes. But it's the story that drew me in and held me hostage.

That's my take on it, so make up your own minds what it's all about.

KAI posted this on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 am | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by spyder1070:
I don't wish to start an argument, but eh.

There are TWO groups of Gorillaz people out there in the dark realms of the internet. One that only seems to care for the music and one that cares mostly for the story. The music ones tend to fade in and out, only returning when either the band put out another album or to see if they are about to. The others are busy looking into the freaky minds of Jamie and Cass. Hoping that somewhere amongst the imagery and story are clues or lines of thought, that will lead them to conclusions about what this or that album represented. Or, hopefully, insight into Murdoc's mind that may or may not reveal far more than previously thought. Of course many that are in the music group tend to believe that the imagery group are nuts and waive it off. Often stating that there is nothing to learn there and it's a case of "the eye of the beholder". Oddly though, sometimes things do line up, but you can't tell them that without getting your head bitten off.

I have never really cared that much about the music. Like it, yes. But it's the story that drew me in and held me hostage.

That's my take on it, so make up your own minds what it's all about.

Well i said this when i was younger some of you may recall this, first they tried being what they called "Zombie Hip-hop" or "Zombie Rap" (never understood how the "Zombie" got there. than they became Rock, or maybe Soft rock around the time "Demon Days" came out. so they have gone though a lot of changes and i think that was another part of it. but yeah you bring up a very valid point that for someone us it was the music (sure as hell was for me) and for others it was the story and the idealizem that the Gorillaz possessed

spyder1070 posted this on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:41 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I have to admit that I wasn't here and never heard it referred to as "Zombie" anything. But it does make me think about it, when connecting it to everything that has happened since that is. Perhaps it was a connection to the company logo "Zombie Flesh Eaters"? Hard to say. Still, there are times when the music fills the gaps in the story and takes things into new directions. Just not every song to a great extent.

I looked at some of the songs from "Plastic Beach" and wondered about the lyrics. At one point, I almost started to believe that 2D was on the verge of singing a love song to Noodle. Heh, I was probably looking far too deeply for far too long and that was why. Either way, with all that has happened over the years and with the band on semi-permanent hiatus, this is probably the best opportunity for people to really discuss all that has happened over the years.

It'll never happen of course. Even if it did, you just know that some sod will come in and spoil it by causing problems again.

KAI posted this on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 am | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by spyder1070:
I have to admit that I wasn't here and never heard it referred to as "Zombie" anything. But it does make me think about it, when connecting it to everything that has happened since that is. Perhaps it was a connection to the company logo "Zombie Flesh Eaters"? Hard to say. Still, there are times when the music fills the gaps in the story and takes things into new directions. Just not every song to a great extent.

I looked at some of the songs from "Plastic Beach" and wondered about the lyrics. At one point, I almost started to believe that 2D was on the verge of singing a love song to Noodle. Heh, I was probably looking far too deeply for far too long and that was why. Either way, with all that has happened over the years and with the band on semi-permanent hiatus, this is probably the best opportunity for people to really discuss all that has happened over the years.

It'll never happen of course. Even if it did, you just know that some sod will come in and spoil it by causing problems again.
>.> ten bucks says that poor sod will SOMEHOW be me XD

spyder1070 posted this on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:32 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

I hope not, but then you can't really predict anything on first impressions alone. We'll see I suppose.

I'm still bored. I might go plank on something. Read that how ever you like, I really don't care.

KAI posted this on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:42 am | View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

ya know.. i think i feel a chill of awkwardness running down my spine.