gorillaz.com :: View topic - Murdoc's bedroom, 212 Wobble Street.
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - The Band - Murdoc's bedroom, 212 Wobble Street.

P O S T S

spyder1070 posted this on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Murdoc's bedroom, 212 Wobble Street.

I'm not usually very successful when it comes to topics, but I want to ask if anyone out there has been thinking about the bassist's room?

As for me, I've been doing a little research and have a theory going on in my head. I'm putting it here because if it turns into a spammy piece of crap then eh, who cares. My theory took me to Christian sites, which intrigued I must say. At first I considered that earlier on it had been said that Lucifer wanted Murdoc to replace him as satan. Perhaps, but then the trouble with that is his constant refusal to "pay up" came to mind. Boogie was in there to, unfortunately I missed the fight, the manatee and the Evangelist. But that didn't seem to matter much, because seeing the video with Boogie in the lounge room was what twigged the most.

The darkness, the crying and the fact that Murdoc looked so beaten down, lead me to the Christian sites because it reminded me of something that I'd read somewhere before on the net, when I was looking for something else.

The "Outer Darkness". If I'm reading it right, then according to the bible this was mentioned three times. Jesus told a story during a meal that an uninvited man was thrown out of a banquet. In the darkness wailing and crying and gnashing of teeth could be heard. Discussions of this said that some may consider Heaven like a huge banquet hall, and only those that have followed the teachings and God faithfully will be invited. Others will be cast into "outer darkness". Not that I'm saying that this is exactly what happened to Murdoc. But the dark room, the crying that could be heard and the fact that the guy did deals with the Devil and such, could sort of lean that way to a point.

Added to that, I wouldn't exactly say that God and his teachings are my strong point either. Far from it. But then I'm not using this as a platform to argue theology, only to look at it in respect of a possible reason for the darkened room. I don't believe that this hasn't been discussed anywhere else either, which means that some might say "der" in a rather unflattering manner to. It quite possibly has, but considering that I wasn't there and tend to avoid such topics, because I'm often misunderstood in regards to my responses. Then here at least, I'm sure not to have doubled up on any topics and MAYBE, someone else out there who had similar thoughts (or completely different ones) will be intrigued enough to add their take. ^^

Either way, agree or not, I'd be interested to hear what anyone else has to say about what they think is going on in Murdoc's bedroom.

Thank you for your time. ^^

German Shake posted this on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:07 am | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

FWIW, here's that whole passage (Matthew 22:1-14):

In further reply Jesus again spoke to them with illustrations, saying: “The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man, a king, that made a marriage feast for his son. And he sent forth his slaves to call those invited to the marriage feast, but they were unwilling to come. Again he sent forth other slaves, saying, ‘Tell those invited: “Look! I have prepared my dinner, my bulls and fattened animals are slaughtered, and all things are ready. Come to the marriage feast.”’ But unconcerned they went off, one to his own field, another to his commercial business; but the rest, laying hold of his slaves, treated them insolently and killed them.

“But the king grew wrathful, and sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and burned their city. Then he said to his slaves, ‘The marriage feast indeed is ready, but those invited were not worthy. Therefore go to the roads leading out of the city, and anyone ​YOU​ find invite to the marriage feast.’ Accordingly those slaves went out to the roads and gathered together all they found, both wicked and good; and the room for the wedding ceremonies was filled with those reclining at the table.

“When the king came in to inspect the guests he caught sight there of a man not clothed with a marriage garment. So he said to him, ‘Fellow, how did you get in here not having on a marriage garment?’ He was rendered speechless. Then the king said to his servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and throw him out into the darkness outside. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.’

“For there are many invited, but few chosen.”

I think it can be safely said that I just don't "get" the bible. What's the point of the parable?

spyder1070 posted this on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Ah, now that was very helpful. Thank you very much Shake. ^^

EDIT: I would also like to expand my initial post, by adding that in looking at this, it has lead me to look back at other points that have popped up from time to time. (The poster on the wardrobe door in Murdoc's Winne, as an example) Purely for my own interest and purpose. What prompted this topic initially, was the scene in the Wobble Street video with 2D standing in the doorway framed with light. It reminded me of something that I had seen before and I (in that precise instant) knew exactly what was going on inside Murdoc's room. Quite sadly, the shock immediately wiped my memory and for the life of me, I haven't been able to remember what the Hell it was that I'd remembered since. I'm fairly certain that I'll remember what it was, just as soon as something else triggers it off again.

Not that it matters to anyone but myself really. ^^