gorillaz.com :: View topic - PHASE 4 ANY DAY NOW GET ON THAT HYPE great
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - General chit-chat - PHASE 4 ANY DAY NOW GET ON THAT HYPE great

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

P O S T S

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:56 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Wow. I didn't even know another album was released. I'm clearly outdated in terms of my Gorillaz info. I need to get up with the times here.

spyder1070 posted this on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:52 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

They snuck one in behind you hey. lol

EDIT: They made the Plastic Beach album, a new site, some new Idents and a commercial and video (Do Ya Thing) for the release of their Converse sneakers as well.

DJP3DRO posted this on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:37 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

Gorillaz honestly started to go downhill the second Albarn decided to self-produce everything. Plastic Beach and The Fall both sound like crap, no matter how good the underlying music is. He's just not a very good producer.

"Okay so Gorillaz have been out of the scene and nobody really cares much about them anymore. We need an explosive, instantly catchy new single that'll really get you guys back in -"

"STYLO :hurrrrr:"

"Dude this thing says I have mail!" "It's amazing what we can do with computers nowadays." "Dude now I'm reading it!" "I'm so happy for you."

Terry Craig posted this on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:08 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Mayn, sod that negativity. I'm excited that Damon Albarn's announced both a new Gorillaz and TGTBATQ album. I always wished for another GBQ album and I still love the first one.

While I can't help but agree to Plastic Beach's songs not being as good as the first two albums by quite a bit, I'm still a fan of said first two albums. I've listened to them a hell of a lot and I still come back to them occasionally. Oh, and The Fall can hardly be seen as the same kind of album like their other ones... it was given out for free, done under limited conditions, and above all, it wasn't accompanied by a 'Phase'. For what it is (a musical touring diary) it's pretty rad; at least 2 or 3 songs are definitely keepers.

Also have you seen Jamie Hewlett's recent art?? It's incredible! His evolution as an artist really is amazing, and whatever the music's gonna be (it can't be 'worse' than Plastic Beach, which was alright) I'm pumped to see what Hewlett will be able to come up with.

DJP3DRO posted this on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:50 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry Craig:
Oh, and The Fall can hardly be seen as the same kind of album like their other ones... it was given out for free,

Free if you were a member of a $50/year fanclub that lost support after year 1, laffo.

Plastic Beach isn't a bad album but it sounds like trash. It is DEFINITELY significantly worse-produced than Demon Days and especially self-titled, and I really hope Damon doesn't decide to self-produce album 4 as well.

"Dude this thing says I have mail!" "It's amazing what we can do with computers nowadays." "Dude now I'm reading it!" "I'm so happy for you."

Terry Craig posted this on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:53 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Um, no, I'm pretty sure they gave out the album as a download as part of their Xmas Advent Calendar that year. Admittedly for a limited time (something like 2 weeks), but still.

Also you've got a ridiculous idea of what 'trash' sounds like, or it's just a hyperbole. I'm not saying that I don't hope he'll stop self-producing further albums, but it could've been much worse. Each song's core and main ideas are presented just fine, imo, even if, as a whole, it was quite all over the place.

spyder1070 posted this on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:46 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Too many cooks?

DJP3DRO posted this on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:45 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
Um, no, I'm pretty sure they gave out the album as a download as part of their Xmas Advent Calendar that year. Admittedly for a limited time (something like 2 weeks), but still.

The album was officially announced on 20 December 2010[4] and soon after released on 25 December 2010 as a "free" download on the Gorillaz website, exclusively to fans in the band's Sub-Division fan club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_(Gorillaz_album)

Terry Craig posted this on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:04 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

Lol this is cited from a short NME newspost and you know what the NME is like . I don't rely on secondary sources, I remember because I was there and I'm like 90% sure it was free for everyone for 2 weeks, and even if it was free only for members, that doesn't change my main point: it's a musical experiment/touring diary and not the same as Gorillaz, Demon Days, or Plastic Beach.

viol8r posted this on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:15 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

http://pitchfork.com/news/58282-gorillaz-creator-jamie-hewllet-confirms-groups-return-on-instagram/

Terry Craig posted this on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:13 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

YES a 1000x

Came here right after I saw this on Pitchfork as well : D

This is super duper dope yo

ho musabi posted this on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:13 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

Apparently this is a thing again.

DJP3DRO posted this on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:52 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerReply with quote

quote:
I don't rely on secondary sources,
ah yase... Gorillaz historian TERRY CRAIG is here to set the record straight in your fuckin bulbs hit. the fall was FREE you pice of great. Definitely not Locke she hind the worst fan club since lotus flower.

Also while I'm spirit g great that's awful and wrong and dumb as fun because I'm terry Craig. MASTER ARCHAEOLOGIST - the fall was a good album. Thank you.

Kiwihead_92 posted this on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:40 pm | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

honestly I'm v excited. I also enjoyed phase 3 gorillaz Although it was a bit of a disaster, I think that was due to circumstances (money record labels etc) outside of J&D's immediate control. I honestly think gorillaz should focus on crowdfunding this time around. It'd help them get exactly what they want from the fans and the fans would be more than willing to throw money to get things done.

Shadow Colosuss posted this on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:13 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

You're getting all worked up over nothing. Calm your tits, guys.