gorillaz.com :: View topic - HUMANZ thread
Look for posts from Noodle Look for posts from Murdoc Look for posts from Russel Look for posts from 2D  
FAQ SEARCH MEMBERS LIST PROFILE REGISTER LOGIN
forum list Kong studios Gorillaz fan site

Forum List - General chit-chat - HUMANZ thread

P O S T S

Kiwihead_92 posted this on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:01 am | View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote

HUMANZ thread

Might as well:
As of now 4 tracks have officially released. My faves so far:
Ascension >(maybe =) Andromeda> saturnz bars> hallelujah money> we got the power
Personally I enjoy them all except wgtp. Like... at all aside the lyrics. I'm v excited for this new phase

Terry Craig posted this on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:46 pm | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteReply with quote

I like the songs in the same order and agree on wgtp. It's pretty forgettable, and it doesn't help that the title has been used many times before (and notably so).

Ascension is just killer; love the choir sample, love Vince's delivery, and the energy throughout. Andromeda has one of the best basslines in recent memory... so incredibly danceable. I also love Albarn's falsetto-part with the repeated "good times"; really brings out the longing, nostalgic undercurrent of the song.

Ok, not sure whether I like Hallelujah or Saturnz more, though. I liked the former's lyrics, though it's a bit too lethargic. I don't really like Popcaan on Saturnz and his "all my life" hook tbh. Albarn's chorus also sounds like somebody trying to sound like cliché Gorillaz, idk, something I feel like we've heard many times before and makes it indistinctive. So maybe I like Hallelujah a bit more.[/i]

Pale posted this on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:52 pm | View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailReply with quote

I wonder if Humanz is a link to Humon who used to be a fan and has now gone on to be a successful cartoonist in her own right.

The new tracks are growing on me.

viol8r posted this on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:34 am | View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerReply with quote

same here. first listen was kinda meh, but each time i listen to the album i like it more and more. it gets addictive <3 i think my fave is "she's my collar"